Playback very "stuttery"

Sorry about many answers. I use Microsoft Edge but the CPU usage is far from 100%. It´s just over 50% totally (for all applications that´s open…not many).

Just joining in in the discussion.
Version 2.22.7 seems also to be stuttery, even more than previous ones.
The failures seem rather random, not related to the “difficulty” of the song, (perhaps more when there are significant changes of pitch).
It is strange, because if I play the song two times, the second (and third) seems to sound better, as if it was “learning”. When I export to Mp3 is definitely better
CPU levels are very reasonable, always less than 60% and normally around 40%

Just sending a JSON, in case it is useful

{“version”:1,“chords”:[{“root”:1,“beat”:1,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:6,“beat”:3,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:3,“beat”:5,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:7,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:5,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:9,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:6,“beat”:11,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:4,“beat”:13,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:15,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:5,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:17,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:6,“beat”:18,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:19,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:5,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:20,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:5,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:21,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:5,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:22,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:23,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:5,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:24,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:25,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:6,“beat”:26,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:27,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:5,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:28,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:5,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:29,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:5,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:30,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:31,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:5,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:32,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null}],“notes”:[{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:1,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:0,“beat”:1.5,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:1.75,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:0,“beat”:2,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:2.5,“duration”:1.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:0,“beat”:3.75,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“3”,“octave”:0,“beat”:4,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:0,“beat”:4.5,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“7”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:5,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:5.5,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:5.75,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“7”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:6,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:6.5,“duration”:1.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:0,“beat”:7.75,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:8,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:23,“duration”:0.33,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“3”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:23.33,“duration”:0.34,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:23.67,“duration”:0.33,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:24,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:29,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:0,“beat”:29.5,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“7”,“octave”:0,“beat”:30,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:1,“beat”:30.5,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:0,“beat”:31,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:0,“beat”:32,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null}],“keys”:[{“beat”:1,“scale”:“minor”,“tonic”:“G”}],“tempos”:[{“beat”:1,“bpm”:120,“swingFactor”:0,“swingBeat”:0.5}],“meters”:[{“beat”:1,“numBeats”:4,“beatUnit”:1}],“breaks”:[],“bands”:[{“beat”:1,“lead1”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Lead”,“midiChannel”:1,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“lead2”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Lead”,“midiChannel”:2,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“lead3”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Lead”,“midiChannel”:3,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“lead4”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Lead”,“midiChannel”:4,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“harmony”:[{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano 1/4s”,“midiChannel”:5,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“bass”:[{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Bass-Dotted”,“midiChannel”:9,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:false}],“drums”:[{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Basic Pop”,“midiChannel”:10,“useHookpadOutput”:false,“useMIDIOutput”:false}]}],“lyrics”:{“isOpen”:false,“isFocused”:false,“values”:["","","",""]},“sections”:[],“cursor”:{“beat”:1,“location”:“cursor-note-staff”},“settings”:{“widthBeat”:36,“zoom”:1,“youtubeVolume”:70,“globalDetune”:0,“metronome”:false,“relativeNotation”:true,“staffMode”:“note-staff-mode-collapsed”,“wrapMode”:“wrap-mode-fixed-mreasures-per-line”,“wrapModeMeasuresPerLine”:8,“colorMode”:“diatonic-centric”,“showMeasureStaff”:true,“showLoopStaff”:true,“showNoteStaff”:true,“showChordStaff”:true,“inactiveMelodyDisplay”:“inactive-melody-colored-by-index”,“showOnlyStableInStaff”:true,“midiOutputLatency”:0,“compressorValue”:0.5,“compressorIsActive”:false,“enableExternalMP3”:true,“externalMP3URL”:"",“externalMP3StartBeat”:1,“externalMP3Duration”:0,“isExternalMP3Loaded”:false,“leadTrackNames”:[“Lead 1”,“Lead 2”,“Lead 3”,“Lead 4”],“playbackTransposition”:0},“loopGui”:{“looping”:false,“beat”:1,“duration”:16},“youtube”:{“id”:null,“syncStart”:0.05,“syncEnd”:0.15,“syncMode”:“youtube-sync-mode-set-start-and-end”},“keyFrames”:[{“beat”:1},{“beat”:33}],“activeMelodyIndex”:0,“endBeat”:65,“inactiveNotes”:[[],[{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:9,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:0,“beat”:9.5,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:9.75,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:0,“beat”:10,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:10.5,“duration”:1.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:0,“beat”:11.75,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“3”,“octave”:0,“beat”:12,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:0,“beat”:12.5,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“7”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:13,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:13.5,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:13.75,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“7”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:14,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:14.5,“duration”:1.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:15.75,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:16,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:25,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:0,“beat”:25.5,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:25.75,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“3”,“octave”:0,“beat”:26,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:27,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:0,“beat”:28,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null}],[{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:17,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:17.5,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:17.75,“duration”:0.25,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:18,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:19,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:20,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:21,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:0,“beat”:22,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null}],[]],“visibleMelodies”:[0,1,2,3],“soloAndMutedMelodies”:{“harmonyVolume”:0.7,“externalFileVolume”:0.6,“drumsVolume”:0.7,“metronomeVolume”:0.3,“lead1Volume”:0.7,“lead2Volume”:0.7,“lead3Volume”:0.7,“lead4Volume”:0.7,“mute”:{“master”:false,“harmony”:false,“external”:false,“drums”:false,“metronome”:true,“lead1”:false,“lead2”:false,“lead3”:false,“lead4”:false,“bass”:false},“bassVolume”:0.7,“volume”:1,“solo”:{“harmony”:false,“external”:false,“drums”:false,“metronome”:false,“lead1”:false,“lead2”:false,“lead3”:false,“lead4”:false,“bass”:false},“wasMutedBeforeSoloed”:{“harmony”:false,“external”:false,“drums”:false,“metronome”:false,“lead1”:false,“lead2”:false,“lead3”:false,“lead4”:false,“bass”:false}},“FXBypass”:{},“customFXParams”:{},“customSynthParams”:{},“pickup”:false,“fp”:“16ebf34596e77c8269c708d613cd9e87a8d5c6ba”}

Chiming in to say this has been an issue since the latest version. I’ve never had this issue with the HookTheory editor before and have closed all other applications.

Conversely: playback in “Sharable URLs” and in online theorytabs is fine–it’s just the editor that has this issue.

First of all, congrats for such a wonderfull app and ecosystem !!
I join the discussion as a new user of the free version of hookpad 2.22.7 and I also confirm the stuttery behavior. I check my processor usage and saw nothing abnormal.
When I start playing a demo song ( the reggae one), I do not have problems immediatly but after the song has been plying for some time. If I restart the playing just before were the problem happen initialy the song is played correctly.
I would like to buy the full version but with such a problem I will delay my decision.
Rgds
Jose
PS: For me it looks like a memory managment problem but cannot prove it
PS2: I run hookpad on Chrome which is much less stuttery than Safari. I also tried Firefox which performs like Chrome stuttery wise.

Hi all, here’s an update:

We’ve identified some performance issues with this build and are working very hard to remedy them. The good news is that we have a very clear path to a solution that we’re confident about. The bad news is that it’s a fairly substantial reworking of some of the internal guts, and so we’re going to need to do a fair amount testing before pushing it out to make sure that it doesn’t have any more bugs. I will update this thread every few days to make sure that all of you are in the loop.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot.
This is good news.
I have a dumb question.
Could it be possible for me to load the n-1 version of hookpad ?
This way when a like this one comes on a new version, we can go back to the earlier version and the developper are less in a hurry to fix the problem in a new version.
Rgds
Jose

Hey all,

First, I want to send some :sparkling_heart: your way. This app is wonderful, the current technical issues notwithstanding.

To echo what @JoseMC said, can you guys roll this back to the last working version? This is a severe issue. The app is unusable.

I get that it’s going to be a lot of effort to fix. It sounds like the sort of thing that could take weeks or months.

Seriously, just revert the code in the meantime.

Hello. I apologize for not being active in this thread after my initial participation.

The short belated reply is I agree with pretty much all of the user replies above, including a reversion to the previous version until the (re)build-out is complete and satisfactorily tested.

Oddly enough, I am able to compose to a degree on my otherwise playback glitchy MB Air or Pro (plenty of memory, only browser window/tab open after start/restart) and then play back on my Ipad Pro. I do experience the delayed start issue on my Ipad but have been able to eventually activate playback after a few play button click attempts.

Thanks.

Jan

Hi all, thank you for your continued patience with this issue, and for everyone who helped us debug. We’ve pushed the newest build, v2.23.0 live to the site now. We’re optimistic that this build will remedy most of the issues on this thread. Please let us know if you continue to have issues, and if the stuttering is still there we can consider putting an older version of Hookpad online for you to access.

Again we apologize that this last build was causing issues for so many of you. Part of the challenge with building a browser app is that the app behaves very differently based on individual machines and browsers, especially for an app like Hookpad which can be extremely demanding for a single-threaded browser depending on the size of the project. What’s worse is that frequently the problems that some users see are not experienced by the majority of users (even us). While we test new builds on all major browsers and platforms, we don’t always catch everything, and this was an example where we missed something.

The good news is that the major architecture change we made from 2.21 (moving from our homegrown sequencer to ToneJS) should be the last one we’ll need for a while. The old build contains WebAudio features that are deprecated and so moving off of it was critical to avoiding a more abrupt and catastrophic blackout of Hookpad and Theorytab. Hopefully now we can put 2.22 behind us and continue to focus on adding new features and improvements to the site.

Thanks again for your support, and happy songwriting!

2 Likes

Hi Ryan
I do not understand what is happening.
I loaded the version 2.23.0 this morning and the stuttering is much much worse than ever !!!
When I play the demo song A Day At The Beach it is so stuttering that it is a nightmare .
At some point it even crashes.
Rgds
José

Same here, far worse than it was before. I’ve also noticed that exporting the file as an mp3 is really inconsistent, sometimes single chords are missing and other times half the song is missing.

Hello guys. I was to quick in my judgement. Yes sometimes it doesn´t just stutter but crash. But still sometimes it´s smooth. It´s not the same continious stuttery problem as before. The crash of instrument is maybe the right word?

@JoseMC, @gassug2 are your system configurations? Could you let us know:

• OS
  • RAM
  • Browser

We’ve uploaded the last pre-2.22 version of Hookpad at the following link. This will not have any of the new instruments or drum samples, so please note that if you’ve used any of these they will revert back to default instruments.

Please let us know if you see improved performance with this older version.

1 Like

Hey Ryan
Here is a JSON file from a 3 bar intro of a song of mine. Crashes all the time…send it if it helps.

{“version”:1,“chords”:[{“root”:5,“beat”:1,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:5,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:null,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:3,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:6,“beat”:5,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:null,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:3,“beat”:7,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:5,“beat”:9,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:null,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:3,“beat”:11,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:null,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:6,“beat”:13,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:null,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:3,“beat”:14,“duration”:1,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“root”:1,“beat”:15,“duration”:2,“type”:5,“inversion”:0,“applied”:0,“adds”:[],“omits”:[],“alterations”:[],“suspensions”:[],“pedal”:null,“alternate”:"",“borrowed”:"",“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null}],“notes”:[{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:0,“beat”:1,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:0,“beat”:2,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:0,“beat”:2.5,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:0,“beat”:3,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:0,“beat”:5,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“3”,“octave”:0,“beat”:6,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“7”,“octave”:0,“beat”:9,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:10,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:0,“beat”:10.5,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“3”,“octave”:0,“beat”:11,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:0,“beat”:13,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“3”,“octave”:0,“beat”:14,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:0,“beat”:15,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null}],“keys”:[{“beat”:1,“scale”:“major”,“tonic”:“C”}],“tempos”:[{“beat”:1,“bpm”:116,“swingFactor”:0,“swingBeat”:0.5}],“meters”:[{“beat”:1,“numBeats”:4,“beatUnit”:1}],“breaks”:[],“bands”:[{“beat”:1,“lead1”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.69,“specification”:“Acoustic Guitar Lead-smart”,“midiChannel”:1,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true},{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.89,“specification”:“Clean Lead Guitar-smart”,“midiChannel”:1,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true},{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.7,“specification”:“Crunch Lead Guitar-smart”,“midiChannel”:1,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“lead2”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Lead”,“midiChannel”:2,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“lead3”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Lead”,“midiChannel”:3,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“lead4”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Lead”,“midiChannel”:4,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“harmony”:[{“octaveOffset”:0.3,“velocity”:0.75,“specification”:“Piano 1/4s”,“midiChannel”:5,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true},{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.86,“specification”:“Electric-Travis Pick”,“midiChannel”:5,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true},{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.81,“specification”:“Electric-Pop”,“midiChannel”:5,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true},{“octaveOffset”:0.5,“velocity”:0.79,“specification”:“Smooth Pad”,“midiChannel”:5,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true},{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.85,“specification”:“Electric-Basic Fingerstyle”,“midiChannel”:5,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true},{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.57,“specification”:“Classical Choir Female”,“midiChannel”:5,“useHookpadOutput”:false,“useMIDIOutput”:true},{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.76,“specification”:“Acoustic-Basic Fingerstyle”,“midiChannel”:5,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“bass”:[{“octaveOffset”:0.6,“velocity”:0.77,“specification”:“Pop Bass-Dotted”,“midiChannel”:9,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:false},{“octaveOffset”:0.2,“velocity”:0.55,“specification”:“Mellow Bass-Dotted”,“midiChannel”:9,“useHookpadOutput”:false,“useMIDIOutput”:false}],“drums”:[{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.75,“specification”:“Basic Pop”,“midiChannel”:10,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:false},{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.82,“specification”:“Pop Ballad-Default”,“midiChannel”:10,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:false}]}],“lyrics”:{“isOpen”:false,“isFocused”:false,“values”:["","","",""]},“sections”:[],“cursor”:{“beat”:1,“location”:“cursor-note-staff”},“settings”:{“widthBeat”:33,“zoom”:0.9090909090909091,“youtubeVolume”:70,“globalDetune”:0,“metronome”:false,“relativeNotation”:true,“staffMode”:“note-staff-mode-collapsed”,“wrapMode”:“wrap-mode-fixed-mreasures-per-line”,“wrapModeMeasuresPerLine”:8,“colorMode”:“diatonic-centric”,“showMeasureStaff”:true,“showLoopStaff”:true,“showNoteStaff”:true,“showChordStaff”:true,“inactiveMelodyDisplay”:“inactive-melody-colored-by-index”,“showOnlyStableInStaff”:false,“midiOutputLatency”:0,“compressorValue”:0.5,“compressorIsActive”:false,“enableExternalMP3”:true,“externalMP3URL”:"",“externalMP3StartBeat”:1,“externalMP3Duration”:0,“isExternalMP3Loaded”:false,“leadTrackNames”:[“Lead 1”,“Lead 2”,“Lead 3”,“Lead 4”],“playbackTransposition”:0},“loopGui”:{“looping”:false,“beat”:25,“duration”:8,“loopIndex”:-1},“youtube”:{“id”:null,“syncStart”:0.05,“syncEnd”:0.15,“syncMode”:“youtube-sync-mode-set-start-and-end”},“keyFrames”:[{“beat”:1},{“beat”:17}],“activeMelodyIndex”:0,“endBeat”:17,“inactiveNotes”:[[{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:0,“beat”:1,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:0,“beat”:2,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:0,“beat”:2.5,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:0,“beat”:5,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“3”,“octave”:0,“beat”:6,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“7”,“octave”:0,“beat”:9,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:10,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:0,“beat”:10.5,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:0,“beat”:13,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“3”,“octave”:0,“beat”:14,“duration”:0.5,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null}],[],[],[]],“visibleMelodies”:[0,1,2,3],“soloAndMutedMelodies”:{“harmonyVolume”:0.7,“externalFileVolume”:0.6,“drumsVolume”:0.7,“metronomeVolume”:0.3,“lead1Volume”:0.7,“lead2Volume”:0.7,“lead3Volume”:0.7,“lead4Volume”:0.7,“mute”:{“master”:false,“harmony”:false,“external”:false,“drums”:false,“metronome”:true,“lead1”:false,“lead2”:false,“lead3”:false,“lead4”:false,“bass”:false},“bassVolume”:0.7,“volume”:1,“solo”:{“harmony”:false,“external”:false,“drums”:false,“metronome”:false,“lead1”:false,“lead2”:false,“lead3”:false,“lead4”:false,“bass”:false},“wasMutedBeforeSoloed”:{“harmony”:false,“external”:false,“drums”:false,“metronome”:false,“lead1”:false,“lead2”:false,“lead3”:false,“lead4”:false,“bass”:false}},“FXBypass”:{},“customFXParams”:{},“customSynthParams”:{},“pickup”:false,“fp”:“ca123eb9bb44a5c17bd5c2e07a7d44bc8756a416”}

Hi Ryan
When I click the click, I get the version 2.23.0 not the expected pre-2.22 and the result of playing the demo song A Day At The Beach is OK, then stutters then crashes.
To answer your questions
RAM: 4Go 1600MHz DDR3
Browser: Chrome

RAM: 32GB DDR4
Browser: Firefox 91

2.21.7 appears to work fine

In About Hookpad it says 2.23.0 but the link in the browser says

I confirm that even v2-21-7/ is stuttery and I noticed that changing the tempo from 170 to 100 improves results in much less stuttering

You must delete hookpad’s cookies prior to reverting back to 2.21.7 I believe. The link would take me to the latest version until I did that.

Thanks for the info about the cookies gassug2
I removed the cookies and was able to try the 2.21.8 version
I get no stuttery with this version

In my experience:

2.23 seems marginally better than 2.22 on average with respect to stuttering (that is: it happens later into a long track, for example), but when it does stutter: the magnitude of the issue is worse. The 2.21 version linked above by Ryan runs with no problems for me. Thanks for uploading that!

More details if it helps:

• Faster tempos cause more issues quicker
  • The longer a track continues, the more likely it is to encounter issues
  • The issue occurs irrespective of whether I include other instruments in the track, or only use the default piano
  • My CPU is Ryzen 7 3700X, RAM: 16GB, Win10.