Not allowed to use MIDI device despite paying for Hookpad+

I have been paying for Hookpad for some time, and up until the recent updates in the last month or two, I was able to use a MIDI controller. Now I am not. I get a message that says “Enabling MIDI input requires you to purchase Hookpad.”
I have ensured that I am logged in, have used the browser version as well as the Chrome App version, different computers, etc… No ability to use my midi device.
I am using the latest version of Windows 10 Enterprise, and the latest version of Google Chrome.

1 Like

I am getting this same error on Mac with Chrome.

1 Like

I may have figured it out.

After upgrading, you have to ensure you “log out” and then “log in” afterwards. This refreshes the user privileges, per this thread: Error message. Nothing working. Asks me to repurchase hookpad

I’ve gotten the “enable MIDI” radio button to re-appear. Not at my studio computer at the moment, so can’t verify it will actually allow MIDI input until I am in front of a midi controller, but, it appears corrected at this moment.

Yep, me too. Using a macbook on google chrome. Can’t fix it.

Same! Hope they get it sorted soon.

Hi all, are you still having this issue? We were getting lots of reports of Hookpad not recognizing that it has been purchased. We’ve made this check more reliable, so I’m hoping this has resolved issues like the no MIDI input one, please let us know if this is not the case