YouTube Links Broken

I recently purchased a Chord Crush membership and I’m finding it very frustrating that so many of the YouTube links are broken or blocked. I keep being fed the same 5 or 6 songs. Can you please update the broken links? I love the idea of this product, but it is currently not delivering what I was marketed (over 40k songs).

Thanks,
NJ

3 Likes

I’ve sadly come to realize that the Crush mode (real songs mode) in Chord Crush is utterly and completely broken and unusable. I’ve been using the free version for months, hoping something will change. It’s not just bad. It’s fundamentally broken. It cycles through the same five songs, plus endless broken links. Using the mode is literally just a waste of time. There is zero educational or entertainment value in it.

It needs to be removed entirely from advertising, because it’s essentially false advertising at this point.

1 Like

Ya, if they don’t fix it it really should not be marketed. Very disappointing.

I tried to be the change I wanted to see and found a broken song in TheoryTabDB and fixed it, but it remained broken, chord crush works off an older snapshot, this makes sense if you want to verify the questions/answers are correct.

But, I found another example of a broken song Beautiful Girl by INXS as the video is set to private. That song was fixed in 2022 (Sign In - Hooktheory), which is disappointing given the length of time.

Automating the detection of failed youtube video load is possible, but it would also be nice if hooktheory is not going to fix it then have a pathway for the community to fix it?

1 Like

Today’s Daily Crush is broken, it’s Katy Perry’s Lost, I’ve fixed the video in the theory tab DB to the “official youtube channel”'s video, so hopeful won’t break again.

1 Like