What happened to the piano feature?

There’s been a new update, and I just can’t find the piano feature anywhere.

1 Like

It’s in settings now

@dave @Ryan @chris You guys should put it back in the original place so that it’s easy to toggle on and off

2 Likes

Can you guys at least put some hotkeys for the Piano, Key and Tempo? I use this features all the time.
It would be very appreciated!

@NecroToad they should also put a hotkey for Paste From Clipboard

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, yes we can add some hotkeys for all these items

1 Like

Hello Ryan, any news on the hotkeys?

Hey @NecroToad,

We added them in to the latest build but have not pushed it to the site yet, although we will shortly. We’re running out of hotkeys, but tentatively have picked the following ones:

Shift + P: toggle piano
Shift + T: show tempo menu
Shift + M: show meter menu
Shift + Y: show key menu
Shift + V: paste from clipboard

2 Likes

Hi Ryan, I’ve been trying to use this shortcuts on the last build but it seems that “show tempo”, “show meter” and “show key” are not working. I’ve only been able to use “toggle piano” and “past from clipboard”.
I looked at the shortcuts page to make sure I was pressing the right keys, but I didn’t find them.

hey @NecroToad, sorry about that, let me see what’s going on.

1 Like

It looks like these are still working on our end. These shortcuts are not up to date in the shortcuts page right now, but they still should work in Hookpad. Are you just getting no response?

I tested a little and found out that the shortcuts for meter, tempo and key only work if the project panel is open.
Otherwise they don’t work.

Project%20Panel

1 Like

@NecroToad In Settings if you set Touch Controls to off then it will work

1 Like

@NecroToad what @Vaz123 said here is right. We never considered the case for these keyboard shortcuts when using the Touch Controls option.

2 Likes

Thanks @Vaz123 and @chris, you guys are right!
I didn’t even know that this option existed and that it affected the Hookpad’s layout. I must have enabled it somehow…
All shortcuts are working now, I’m even happy to have the “old” layout again, thank you guys!

@NecroToad I’m pretty sure it’s because when you updated it automatically turned on. That’s what happened to me

1 Like