URGENT: Exporting MIDI Files - No sound

I am not getting any sound from my MIDI files.

… very confusing why? The sound plays for 1-3 bars and thereafter silence.

I am using a Mac, Logic Pro and Chrome Browser. Right now I am dead in the water using Hookpad as exporting my Midi files only a few bars played. I have setup brand new projects to test the midi’s and still the same issue arises. First bar(s) sound and thereafter dead silence…

I have had zero issues til today. Any solutions?

@jfletch8,

Sorry for the trouble here. Are you saying that there are midi notes being exported, but they are just playing as silence in Logic after 3 bars? Or is that the notes are missing altogether?

If you email the name of your project or the .json (saved to disk file) to support(at)hooktheory.com, I can take a look and try to figure out what’s going on

Hi Ryan, for some strange reason I can again export the Midi files into Logic Pro and they are now playing successfully. Strange glitch yesterday as I was dead in the water yesterday. Any Midi files I exported yesterday for a hour plus or so did the same thing.

Thank you for getting back to me on such an URGENT issue!

Hookpad is an awesome platform and is taking my music to the next level!

Thank you!

John Fletcher

@jfletch8, I’m glad the problem resolved, but I’m still trying to figure out what’s going on. Please let me know if this happens again and we can try to get to the bottom of it.

I’ve had missing notes in Logic, unrelated to Hookpad.

1. In Logic Pro select the track with missing notes.
  2. Go into the Midi Event list and select All events.
  3. Drag Midi Channel to 1.
    All of the events midi channel will adjust simultaneously. All sounds will play again.

I don’t know what causes it, but it usually only affects Acoustic Guitar instrument. I’ve never experienced issues with other instruments.

This occurred with my first midi import into logic.

It’s a Quick fix once you know how, but again, I have no idea what causes it.!