Undo command can sometimes set YouTube sync back to default

Default unedited YouTube sync looks like this (numbers may vary depending on the length of the video but the relative positions of the start and end points will be the same):

Sometimes an undo command will set the relative positions of the start and end points back to this position

@Vaz, thank you for the report. I want to make sure I understand correctly.

2.12.0 added the YT sync points to the undo/redo stack, so I would expect this to be possible. This request came from @HertzDevil, I believe, so we added it.

Is the thing you are experiencing basically undoing all the way back to before you set the sync; or is there some other weird way this is happening?

If we all decide that the YT sync points shouldn’t be in the undo/redo stack, its is very easy to remove them. We pretty much lean on people like you and @HertzDevil to decide on some of these more nuanced things since y’all are doing them way more than we are!

Cheers,
Chris

I think so, usually what happens is I make an edit then undo and then I see that the sync is back to default. For some reason it doesn’t happen all the time

@chris So can you fix it (and maybe you don’t have to remove it from the undo/redo stack)

Also based on my tests it seems that if you edit a version of a theorytab that was made with Hookpad 1, if I make an edit and undo, the edit will get undone but also the sync will be set to default (so e.g. if I change a chord then undo, the chord will be reverted but at the same time the sync is set to default). This is because when the project starts loading the sync is set to default first

However if you edit a version of a theorytab that has been edited with hookpad 2 then the bug doesn’t happen

e.g. for this theorytab, version 1 of the verse has the bug because it was made with hookpad 1. However version 2 doesn’t because it was made with hookpad 2

@chris so can you fix it