Two Door Cinema Club - Sleep Alone (Chainsmokers Remix)

Thought this would be a cool song to add to Hooktheory. The part I’m curious about comes in at 1:31.

Dorian i - III - v - IV for the whole song.

Awesome dude! Thanks. Out of curiosity, do you just listen to the song and “know” what chords they are or do you play around on a piano until you find them? I’ve been having trouble developing my ear to distinguish chords.

I would start by going to http://www.hooktheory.com/theorytab/difficulties
Choose any Beginner hook you like (1 green dot) (Songs that have only I, IV, V, and vi chords.)
then I would change the key to C (without looking at the chords :smiley: ) and try to plat it on your piano.

What you find is that you will get it after about 200 (realistically that’s a good number to focus on. That’s 7 a day for a month, not too hard) Then move to the intermediate songs that have 2 green dots. (Songs that have only I, ii, iii, IV, V, and vi chords.) By now your ear should be attune to the BIG 4 chords so the other two are quite easy to pick.
Then try the more complex songs. By now your ear knows the BIG 6 and you can pick that it is out of the key. 5 weeks of hard work should see you set for life in hearing relative chords.

@chris Any chance Hooktheory could develop this kind of tool for use in the ear training section?