The vandalism goes on

Found another vandal: qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxvbnm
He hasn’t been active for the past 3 weeks, but the Tabs are still damaged. I will fix some of them when I find the time, but would really appreciate any help.

The real question is how did he manage to get the notes so low

@chicknz
That’s actually a very good question haha
I mean going that low is pretty pointless, but an extra octave would definitely come in handy sometimes. It’s actually quite interesting when you look at this one in Hookpad: Baghdad by Knife Party Chords, Melody, and Music Theory Analysis - Hooktheory
Even the rests are displaced by two octaves and they’re placed on the 4th scale degree instead of the root note.

@SilentPaaw Here is a song that also uses glitched note pitches: New Friendly by Kevin MacLeod Chords, Melody, and Music Theory Analysis - Hooktheory

I guess they use some sort of glitch with changing between modes or something, as B major has a range higher than C major. How they do it idk

1 Like

If you switch between modes and then click on a different, lower note from the top menu while selecting the note you want to make low, it’ll go way lower than normal. Just be careful not to drag the note around afterwards as that may reset it.

1 Like

@MHzJr
That’s amazing, thank you so much! I managed to get one extra octave by changing the mode, but didn’t think about changing the notes around, too. Very cool.

Got the rest of them reverted.

1 Like

@JerichoScott
That’s great, thank you! Now let’s just hope he doesn’t come back before the mods ban him.

Banned. Thanks, team!