Struggling with new version

Hi all, I’m finding the new Hookpad a bit fiddly, is there a new user guide? How long will the previous version be maintained? .

And while I’m here, I actually really dislike the tab pages in hooktheory, can my settings be changed to how the tabs were before?

Hi @benson,

Thank you for writing. Happy to address all of your questions below.

I’m finding the new Hookpad a bit fiddly,

Can you provide specific examples of what you find fiddly about the latest version?

is there a new user guide

Yes. You can access it within Hookpad from the Help Menu. Or from within the Hooktheory website from Support → User Guides

How long will the previous version be maintained? .

We don’t have plans to make any additional updates to the old version but it will stay available it its current state for a while; especially as we work out any bugs in the initial launch of Hookpad 2

I actually really dislike the tab pages in hooktheory, can my settings be changed to how the tabs were before?

Can you provide specifics of what has changed that you no longer like? We have not changed the tab pages other than a couple minor color changes and rearranging some of the items in the menu.

A: Strange behavior with looping and controls. The interface doesn’t page “wrap” it goes way past the edge of screen and it’s very narrow.

B: I saw the old user guide

C: fine.

D: The tabbed pages suck. A song: Intro, Verse, Pre-Chorus, Chorus, Bridge, Instrumental, Solo ,Chorus, Outro. Trying to learn and play along with the Music Tab is impossible with all the stops and Tab Page switching… The option to have all the Music Tab on one page like it used to be. You could read ahead and keep up, with just the minor interruption of having to quickly scroll down.

Ok, a little bit of user error and unfamiliarity I suppose. I’m getting used to it!

All good!