"Set Tempo from YouTube Sync" is syncing to wrong BPM

Hello,

I’m running into a problem where after I attach a YouTube video to sync, clicking the “Set Tempo from YouTube Sync” button changes the project to the wrong BPM. For example, I set the original project to 100 BPM, then imported a YouTube video. Then, in order to sync up the video with the project, I clicked on “Set Tempo from YouTube Sync” to make both the same BPM, but when I clicked on that, it thought the BPM was different and changed the project to 66 BPM (the original BPM of the song is 100) and made it unable to sync up properly.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Hi @DJPig the “Set Tempo From Youtube Sync” computes the tempo based on the bracketed region in the youtube and the handles in the Hookpad staff. You’ll need to set these both manually, and then hitting the button will make sure that the tempos match. Please see more info here: TheoryTab Contributor Guide

Hello,

How do I manually change the tempo of the bracketed region in the YouTube video?

Thanks

The first step is to define the section of the youtube video that you’d like to sync. You do this by dragging the handles on the youtube playbar, or by using the left and right bracket keys to set the left and right handles to the youtube playhead, respectively.

In the Hookpad project, you then drag the colored handles so that contained region has the corresponding number of measures.

At this point you can click the “Set Tempo From Youtube Sync” to set the project tempo to the youtube tempo.

For more information about this, please see the Theorytab contributor guide linked above.