The “export score” is a great feature in theory, but there are quite a few bugs that make it unusable for me:
- The first line of score has extra empty staffs, even if only a single track is enabled, wasting page space.
- Explicit line breaks (e.g. between verse and chorus) are not marked in the score.
- Key changes are ignored so I get a crapton of accidentals making the score hard to read.
- The resulting PDF is always landscape, while most score is portrait.
- Bar selection is ignored. Sometimes I just want to print single section but can’t.
- More of a feature request, but if I could just download the Lilypond source file I could at least fix these issues myself and use Lilypond locally to generate my pdf.
Tab is even worse:
- If I only select a harmony track, I’d expect to get a set of chord charts then just the list of chords with the harmony rhythm. Instead, I get a chord chart for every single bar, making for an unreadable mess.
- If I select a lead track, the tab is a hot mess.
- Again, if I could download the Lilypond source I could at least hand-edit and generate my own pdf.
Finally, despite the bugs I want to express my gratitude for creating such a wonderful tool! I’ve gone from doodling unfinished ideas on my guitar to writing complete songs, and the Hooktheory books and Hookpad app have become invaluable reference tools for my writing process. Thank you, thank you, thank you!