Return of the TheoryTab comments/notes section

As of today (7/18/21), the TheoryTab has undergone a redesign, leading to the edit comments under TheoryTabs being hidden.

This suggestion is to return TheoryTab edit comments back to where they were pre-redesign, under the TheoryTabs at the bottom of the page.

If this is not possible, I am also giving a related suggestion: a notes section. This would be a plain textbox, or possible an in-tab commenting system, that would allow users to make publicly available notes of specific tabs. This could be used as a way of pointing out specific analyses for a tab, or describing any details in a TheoryTab omitted, or more. Personally, I would use this as a linking ground to the individual tabs to view all the voices that are hidden in TheoryTab’s viewer.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Hey, what a coincidence! I just came back to this site to say the same! I loved the comment system and found it a great way to discuss analyses with other contributors. It generally made me feel more in tune with the community. I found this old thread about spam being the reason comments started getting disabled [1] and wonder if some progress has been made on this? It does sound like a hard problem, I wonder if some user-report-based-system could be another option (not to trivialize the technical challenge…)? Thanks for all the hard work on this site. It helped me learn a lot.

[1] Comments for edits don't show up in Community or a user's profile - #6 by chris