Please ban Jefd

TheoryTab users Jefd, Jasperdiaz, justindiaz, and Jasperdisz all need to be banned. Chances are they’re all the same person.

All they ever do is intentionally ruin TheoryTabs by changing the keys/modes erroneously and outright deleting parts of the tabs (such as all the chords). They never offer any explanation for their changes. They are clearly trolls. I’m sure my fellow TheoryTab contributors can agree that it is absolutely exhausting consistently having to clean up these users’ messes.

These four users have never contributed anything positive to the database, all they ever do is ruin other people’s work. I hope other contributors see this post and share my sentiments. I am tired of having to deal with Jefd, Jasperdiaz, justindiaz, and Jasperdisz.

2 Likes

Add abegailerivera to the list.

So now, please ban all these users:
Jefd
Jasperdiaz
justindiaz
Jasperdisz
abegailerivera

Please, PLEASE do something about this. Moderators, I’m BEGGING you. These idiots (or one idiot with multiple accounts) are RUINING our experience on this website. I’ve even linked all their Hooktheory accounts here, click on them. Look at their “contributions.” They’re all junk, they’re all BS, they’re all deliberate trolling. Their only intention is to ruin the experience and to drive users away from this site.

Please for the love of god, do something about this. I’m so sick and tired of these trolls being allowed to do whatever they want with no real consequences. I already know that users are quitting this site because of this nonsense. If you care at all about the integrity of the HookTheory TheoryTab database, READ WHAT I’M SAYING. LOOK AT WHAT THESE TROLLS ARE DOING. YOU NEED TO DO THE RIGHT THING, AND BAN THEM. I’M TIRED OF ALL THIS. WE ALL ARE.

1 Like

@Quentin136, thank you for bringing this to our attention. They have all been banned from TheoryTab actions.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. And sorry for all the all caps yelling, I got way too angry about all this. This will be a great burden lifted from all our shoulders.

1 Like

I think the caps were appropriate here. Thanks again! For a long time, we have talked about giving certain users with high reputation/trust moderation abilities that would allow flagging accounts in situations like this. It is likely that there are standards for this now on things like Wikipedia / Twitter we could borrow from without reinventing the wheel. Actually, the platform we use for this forum (Discourse) has a decent system built in.

2 Likes

We got another one! BKeira930 has been going around and ruining submissions by changing the mode, resulting in all the chords being off. I can’t tell if they’re a troll or just incompetent, but either way they’re ruining existing pages. They need to be banned or heavily disciplined.

@Quentin136, much appreciated. Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like