Plans on implementing a harmonic minor mode?

In a previous thread, it was proposed to implement a harmonic minor mode (perhaps either as an alternative mode to the diatonic modes, or possibly just another mode to borrow from) in order for users to gain access to the augmented triad and full diminished 7th chord. These two chord qualities are integral to a lot of modern music (as evidenced in the gospel thread) and would allow for a greater range of music to be analyzed here.

I know that implementation of features in HookPad is dependent on the topics covered within the books, so are there plans to cover these two chord qualities in the Hooktheory books anytime soon?

5 Likes

+1, either Harmonic or Melodic minor scales.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m currently a music student studying in the UK, and was wondering if i could collect some information from musicians on their views of dissonance and its practical use within music production. This would be of great help for my dissertation. If you would not mind having a look at this short survey, it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WNM9K8Y