New tempo indicator appearing twice on TAB exports

The new tempo indicator may be appearing twice on TAB exports, at the top. Lead sheet and score exports only have it once.

Hi @MattoR,

Thanks for the report. It’s strange, but for me it’s only showing up once. Can you email me a .json of your song (from file → save to disk) to ryan(at)hooktheory.com where this is happening and I’ll figure out what’s going on.

I think I know what the cause is Ryan. The issue does not happen in projects with only one active lead voice. I’ve checked 2 of my songs with 2 lead voices, and they both have the tempo indicator twice. I suspect if my song had 3 lead voices it might print the tempo thrice.

FROM THE .LY FILE:

\new TabStaff \with { instrumentName = \markup{"Lead 1 " }} \new TabVoice = “abcA” {
\set TabStaff.minimumFret = #0
undefined \key b \major \time 4/4 \tempo 4 = 82

AND LATER:

\new Lyrics \lyricsto “abcA” \textLyricsA
\new TabStaff \with { instrumentName = \markup{"Lead 2 " }} \new TabVoice = “abcC” {
\set TabStaff.minimumFret = #0
undefined \key b \major \time 4/4 \tempo 4 = 82

(The problem is confined to the TAB export, doesn’t happen in the Lead Sheet or the Score exports.)

This is interesting because I’m still not seeing this effect even when I have two leads (in tab export). I do see that the tempo instructions are printed in both TabStaffs in the .ly file, but was under the impression that it only prints once. In any case, it’s simple enough to only have this instruction once, so I can go ahead and make that change.

Separately, your .ly file revealed another bug, which is that “undefined” string before the key. I’ll put in a fix for that too.

Ok, this is now implemented in 2.12.4

1 Like