Feature request for Hookpad:
Please make it so that we can alter the modes already given by selecting notes to flatten or sharpen so that we can have scales like the Mixolydian b6 scale or the Locrian #2 scale for example.
You could incorporate this into this menu:
In this menu, you could do this:
# # # # #
C D E F G A B
b b b b b b b
- The user can select the sharps/flats to alter the main scale selected before this.
- The flat under the B will be greyed out or the user can select it but it will change the mode to the Mixolydian mode (Only one of many examples).
- The change will be reflected in the scale name here:
- If the user selects a sharp above the D, the flat under the D will be greyed out because you can’t have both (apply rule to all notes)
- If the user sharpens the E, then the Fb will be greyed out because you can’t have both (Same for B and C)
If you don’t want to completely give the user freedom to alter scales however they want, you should at least add the rest of the inversions of the harmonic minor scale.
When we alter the scales Hookpad should also know how to name them. Like if you go to the minor scale and try to sharpen the seven it should automatically switch to the harmonic minor or they #7 should be grayed out because a scale like that already exists (The harmonic minor).
Please consider adding this. Thanks.
@dave @chris @Ryan
To those of you who agree/disagree say it in this poll:
[poll type=regular results=always chartType=bar groups=admins,moderators,staff,trust_level_0,trust_level_1,trust_level_2,trust_level_3,trust_level_4]
- I do agree.
- I actually disagree.
- I’m an admin that wants to see the results.