Modulation in a chord progression

Is there any way to Modulate my chords in a chord progression?

Thanks and please keep it up

:smile:

1 Like

Hey @fpalomares can you be more clear about what you mean by ā€œmodulateā€? You can borrow chords from other modes and use secondary dominants to get other chords besides the ones in the key you are writing your song in if that is what you mean

Dave

@dave Iā€™m in the same boat as him. This works well for simple diatonic things, but modulation is where you change keys. Which changes the function of each chord, as well as the borrowed chords youā€™re likely to use. For a simple example, a song Iā€™m transcribing starts on starts in B minor, then transitions to D7, G7, and resolves to C. So from Cā€™s standpoint, itā€™s the V7/V - V7 - I. But from the B minor standpoint, itā€™s just a weird collection of secondary dominands and substitutions. Or with other kinds of substitutions like chromatic mediants, like adding a Gm7 to the key of B minor, Iā€™d like those too.

Edit: I looked at a few other posts as well and Iā€™m not sure if these features are intended on being updated on the next book release, but this is Iā€™m sure what OP is talking about.

1 Like

Hi Dave,

I meant the same as DevilBeats, modulate from a V chord and then jump into other key.

Thank you.

Francisco

Thereā€™s no way of doing this until the next major update/the HTML5 update/the release of Hooktheory II.

Honestly, thereā€™s been so little news or posts about Hooktheory II or the HTML5 update that I have no idea if theyā€™re close to done, halfway through, or nowhere close at all.