Happens on these theorytabs and probably some others as well
Based on my tests it seems if the melody note is too high or too low then it will act like a rest (i.e. it will stop sounds, that means if you play an unbugged melody note or chord and then the bugged note then the sound will stop)
For the first 3 theorytabs bass notes in chords and the notes in chords can also be silent
The conditions for the bug to happen varies from tab to tab, e.g. in Together Forever and Penantianku, any notes higher than F#4 act like rests (the measure and section don’t affect anything) whereas in Go Cart any notes higher than A3 act like rests (the measure and section don’t affect anything here either)
Thanks for the detailed report, we know what’s going on, working on a fix now.
EDIT: I believe we’ve fixed this issue and will be pushing this to the site shortly. The issue is that Theorytab was getting confused in some cases and looking at the first analysis to decide which sound files to cache. In the case of Forever Together, the verse was much lower than the chorus, which is why the high notes of the chorus melody weren’t sounding. This also explains why the first analysis on each page was sounding correctly. This is a bug that was introduced with Hookpad v2.12.0, so we wouldn’t have seen it before then. We moved to this new caching pattern to improve the loading times of Theorytab pages generally.
@Vaz123, appreciate your patience. I’m reasonably confident that we’ve properly fixed the issue this time and will be pushing the a new version of the theorytab player shortly. Also noticed that the V11 display bug was fixed in Hookpad but never found its way to theorytab so that will also be included. Thanks again for the bug reports, they’re very helpful
Hey @Vaz123, both of these examples appear to be working on my end, I’m wondering if your browser might have an outdated copy of theorytab somehow. The key change thing makes sense, the bug had to do with a section grabbing a different section’s melody to determine which sounds to download, but this lookup is repeated when the key changes to account for a potentially different melodic range. However, this should have been fixed in the last update.
Yeah all of those examples working for me, also working on Windows machine in Chrome. I guess what we can do is revert back to the old caching system where all piano files are cached. It’s just missing one or two files probably so we’re not saving much by excluding them.