Is there any way that I can add a grace note to the song when making on Hookpad?

Some songs I want to add need grace notes but I can’t figure out how to do that so thanks you so much if you can answer for me!

I’m sorry, but there is no way to write grace notes right now as we can’t write anything faster than 16th notes.

Regards!
Dennis

1 Like

Okay, thanks you so much for answer! I hope you guys can improve it in the future!

turn the note into a triplet and nudge the middle note using ctrl-arrow key
example: temporary theorytab 1 by 7ffffffffffffffffffff Chords, Melody, and Music Theory Analysis - Hooktheory

2 Likes

it really only works if the source note is 2 beats and you use the crtl-leftarrow twice - otherwise it’s too small if you start with a single beat note and it won’t play. the other main issue is that once you add another note anywhere, the smaller note is merged.

triplet to grace note:

after adding new note:

1 Like

please make sure to complete and finalize your melody before adding them :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is really hard to get the hang of, but when you get used to it you can do crazy stuff like this: Triplet 32nd and Triplet 16th Notes by Glitched Hookpad Songs Chords, Melody, and Music Theory Analysis - Hooktheory

2 Likes

and make no mistakes in those 30 bars or else you’ll need to re-create all those grace notes… :slight_smile: LOL

1 Like