How can I get a refund?

How can I receive a refund? I am
unable to open the book. It tells me I need an iPad.

I’m pretty sure you can also open the book as a pdf, if you download it from the site.

I’m not sure if you have to buy multiple versions in order to get the book on multiple platforms. I would assume that you could buy once, download infinitely, but I don’t know if that’s true or not.

@g1m we are happy to process a refund for you if you can’t get the book working. Which version did you buy? There are several versions… We can set you up with the web version if you’d like which will work on any platform.

-Dave

Hi Dave, I don’t know what version I purchased. When I tried to open it, it said I needed to open it on my iPad. Well I don’t own an iPad. I have been contacted by iTunes and they are giving me a refund. I am interested in what you call a web version. Would I be able to open it from my computer? I have a PC with Windows 10.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Gary Mills

The “Web” version is just a PDF that you can open on pretty much any device. Windows 10 definitely can open PDFs.

Actually the web version is html with the interactive examples embedded as movies or flash (depending on your platform’s support). It runs in the web browser and cannot be not downloaded.

You can go to:

http://www.hooktheory.com/music-theory-for-songwriting

select “Buy Now” and then choose the “Web Access” option (the other options take you to the various app stores). The web access version allows you to purchase directly on the website.

Hope that helps. It sounds like Apple is helping you out with a refund for the ios version you purchased through iTunes. If that doesn’t work out, let me know and we’ll get things sorted. Sorry for the confusion regarding versions.

-Dave