Genre suggestions

I have a few suggestions for genre labels to be added, including:

• Disco
  • Funk
  • Reggaeton
  • Grunge
  • Show tune/musical theater

If anyone else has suggestions, feel free to comment.

1 Like
  • Blues
  • Country
  • Swamp
  • Zydeco
  • Sothern Rock
  • R & B
    Just to name a few. Thanks :grinning:
1 Like

one more suggestion: “symphonic” or “orchestral”

for music that heavily uses strings/brass/woodwind but is not necessarily classical (i.e. Electric Light Orchestra)

Bumping this topic because I still think we need more genre options. We need funk, disco, reggaeton, grunge, showtune, etc. Also there’s no reason to have an “alt-country” option when we already have alternative and country.

Grunge is just a small subgenre of rock music that was only popular for a very limited amount of time and doesn’t hold any significance in today’s music world. I think it’s totally sufficient to distinguish between rock, punk and metal. Otherwise we’d have to add garage rock, glam rock, hard rock, industrial rock, noise rock, progressive rock, psychedelic rock, stoner rock and all of the hundrets of other rock genres as well. I could get on board with funk, disco and reggaeton, though and I agree about alt-country being unnecessary and redundant.

1 Like

i think we should do them all! but only according to the official lists :slight_smile: and only those relevant ofter the 19th century