Frequent crashes and freezes on Safari

Hookpad frequently crashes or stalls on Safari. It’s difficult to reproduce, but it usually happens when selecting a different voice via the note staff or the band panel. When the active voice changes, the entire page becomes white, and playback usually stops, but not always. This bug seems to occur more frequently as the file grows in complexity (more voices, band changes, key changes, etc.).

I don’t know what your backlog looks like or what percentage of users are on Safari, but if this is a problem with all versions of Safari, I would prioritize it highly because it happens almost every time I use Hookpad.

Tech specs if it’s helpful:

• Safari v15.0 (17612.1.29.5)
  • macOS Monterey 12.0
  • MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
  • Chip: Apple M1 Pro
  • Memory: 16GB

Yep, I’m in the same boat. I see the white screen, I have to reload the page but, at least, it will still save my work. So a minor inconvenience. But the numerous crashes I’m seeing are not a minor inconvenience. They are extremely annoying and demotivating. First time it happened, I was out of state and had just spent about 45 minutes writing a song. Hookpad crashed and simply went away. No particular reason for it that I could find. (And I hadn’t saved the file because I thought Hookpad was stable.) But it really did deflate me. I didn’t touch Hookpad for nearly two months and I still haven’t worked on that song again.

Fix the bugs so we can create!
Kevin

Safari (current)
IOS
IPad Pro (2021)
Apple M1
16GB RAM

I’m extremely sorry for your lost work. One thing you could try the next time something like this happens is our recovery tool.

It saves your song every 30 seconds and you should be able to recreate a song, even when you didn’t save it.

Regards!

Dennis