Daily Tabs: Is it only a specific genre?

A common thing that I notice with the daily tab is it’s always one genre: Pop. Wouldn’t it be better to have the daily tab randomly select between the top genres by number of tabs. For example, if Video Game and Pop were the top only genres, the Daily Tab would be switching between Video Game and Pop tabs.

So I think it would be better for a larger range of genres for the daily tab, mostly to show you don’t have to do just pop songs.Yes, pop songs are one of the more popular genres on the site, but video games account for a large chunk of it, too.

Not a bad idea. The genre is certainly not limited to pop on purpose. The Theorytabs of the day rotate through a subset of the tabs in the database (we originally had it random, but wanted to make sure there was some quality control). We can easily add more songs to the list though. Maybe we could consider allowing users to add songs to the queue as well…

-Dave

Where can I find the “daily tab”?

Go to http://hooktheory.com/theorytab. The daily tab will be on the left side of the page.

Hey, look, Ken’s Theme is the TheoryTab of the Day! First video game song I’ve seen since as Tab of the Day I’ve joined the site.

Also, how does the TotD’s selection process work? Randomly select a tab from any song?

Glad you like it.

The Theorytabs of the day rotate through a subset of the tabs in the database that we chose (we originally had it random, but wanted to make sure there was some quality control). We can easily add more songs to the list though. Maybe we could consider allowing users to add songs to the queue as well…

-Dave