Carousel of every scale (can't swipe)

Hello,

I can’t click on the grey round buttons to swipe pictures and see other keys after the A flat.
I’m on Mac, is it just me? It seems that the buttons below the carousel to go on to the next page is causing that and blocking the carousel.

The grey “buttons” aren’t actually buttons (maybe they should be though!). You Should be able to click on the carousel and drag it left/right to reveal the other panels (think of it like using the mouse to “swipe” left like you would with your finger on a tablet or phone). Sorry its a little confusing

Thanks
Dave

1 Like

oh yes indeed it works with your method!
Thank you for your prompt reply Dave,
Sarah

Hmm…I still can’t seem to get the carousel images to work. I’m reading the Hooktheory I book on the web and have tried both Firefox and Chrome on Windows 10

Are you trying to drag the image with you mouse as described above? It’s admittedly a little unintuitive on pc’s. What happens when you drag? Nothing at all or some other unexpected behavior?

Dave

It just shows a static image of the first image instead of a carousel image that you can interact with. It’s the same bug that was reported by user madouvit on this thread: Hooktheory part I page 1/6 webbased

Does this work for you guys on Chrome and Firefox? This definitely does not work on the current Windows 10 versions. I just tried it on Chrome for Android and it works there so it may be a bug unique to the Windows browser versions.

The swipe feature doesn’t work using Firefox.
It does not work any place in the online book which makes it not very useful.
The swipe feature does work using Microsoft Edge,
The gray buttons definitely add unnecessary confusion.

Hi Dave,

I’m also having this problem. My PC has a touch screen and the swipe works if I use my fingers, but I cannot swipe using track pad, clicking and moving the mouse, or using the grey buttons.

Our computers in the classroom don’t have touch screens so I won’t be able to use it for the class.

Can this be fixed urgently?

Has this still not been fixed?

Hey @eskimoform
Sorry the solution got buried above.

The grey “buttons” aren’t actually buttons (maybe they should be though!). You Should be able to click on the carousel and drag it left/right to reveal the other panels (think of it like using the mouse to “swipe” left like you would with your finger on a tablet or phone). Sorry its a little confusing

Thanks
Dave