Can't load song projects

I can no longer load any song projects, I think since updating to version 2.31.10. Just gets stuck on loading. Have tried shift + refresh, different browsers, mobile and desktop but no luck.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m sorry to hear that. What is the last thing you can load? Can you open Hookpad at all? If yes, can you open the ā€œOpen Songsā€ Modal, can you see your songs being listed?

Thanks for your reply - yes, I can open Hookpad and open the ā€˜Open Songsā€™ modal, with my songs listed, but it gets stuck on loading when I try to open any of them.

Thank you for your quick reply. Is this for all songs or just a special one?

No, I canā€™t open any of my songsā€¦

Following - I also canā€™t Open Hookpad - or Open My projects today

Hi there. Iā€™ve been having the same problem for the last week. The 'Open Projects window is visible, but for ALL my projects, the cursor goes into an endless ā€˜loadingā€™ loop. This is becoming frustrating because I have been using Hookpad to write songs for a musical, and I have an upcoming deadline on May 30. Would really appreciate swift action on this bug.
Thank you so much.

I cannot open any of the saved files since sometime early this month. But after I connected to VPN everything seems normal. If I quit VPN, the problem persists.

@abhishekpandit any chance you could do a screen capture that shows this happening? Not sure what you mean by the cursor going in an ā€œendless loading loopā€. Do you mean that when you click a song to open it shows a loading icon but nothing happens?

Weā€™re not seeing anything unusual on our end, but hopefully we can find some clues from your experience

also helpful for all if you can post browser/os that youā€™re using for us to try to recreate your environment as closely as possible

Iā€™ve recorded my screen but canā€™t see I can share a video capture here? So hereā€™s a couple of screenshots - gets stuck on loading, and if I try opening in new window it gets stuck on ā€˜getting song dataā€™.

Iā€™ve tried it on Chrome (desktop and mobile) and Edge and tried via VPN too, but have the same issue with all.

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for looking into this issue.
It started happening in the last two weeks. Earlier this week, Hookpad did work fine for a week. Iā€™ve previously run it on my Mac OS (Monterey) on both Safari and Chrome. Any idea what might be going on?
Could this be happening because I have too many projects stored in the cloud (200+)?

Screenshot belowā€”

Same problem here, only my students only have 3 projects, at most, in each of their folders. They cannot get any of them to load. Just started happening last weekā€¦

Weā€™re sorry to hear this.
@abhishekpandit , Is this still happening for your projects?

Itā€™s still happening for mine

Which version of Hookpad are you currently on?

Iā€™m also having the same problem, and itā€™s been like this since the new update came out yesterday. When I open Hooktheory, my project menu does not open either.

Hi, Iā€™m sorry for this. So what do you see after clicking on file-> open ?

Iā€™m now able to access my projects. Thank you.