Can't delete posts

My ignorance made me angry and I couldn’t find a way to delete my post.

@Cthulhu We really appreciate your passion and thank you for your patience. We’re happy to announce that book 2 has wrapped up content (finally!), and we are currently working with our copy editor to finalize the manuscript. We will post a Table of Contents (as was recently requested) shortly.

Writing a book is really really hard, and writing a good one is even harder. We’ve put an enormous amount of time and effort into this while also balancing other commitments like maintaining the website, fielding support, developing the next generation of Hookpad, working with teachers on our education tools, etc. Taking on all of these things necessarily slows down progress in any one area, but we believe that the scope of what Hooktheory is trying to encompass makes it greater than the sum of its parts.

We’d love to be able to dump out “10 freakin’ Hooktheories” one after the other, but it can’t be done without compromising quality. There is no shortage of Music Theory books out there, and many of them are not so great. We want our work to be the best it can be.

To address your other point about needing Plus to contribute to the site; this is simply not the case. You can access non diatonic scale degrees and other octaves, and we do not limit the chords that you can access with the standard version. This is on purpose and something we did exactly so that anyone could contribute Theorytabs, not just premium members. Here are links to the manual for how to access these features.

http://www.hooktheory.com/hookpad/docs#octaves
http://www.hooktheory.com/hookpad/docs#non-diatonic

tl;dr The book is still coming and it’s going to be great. It will be done when it’s ready to our standards and not a day before, but you can start getting excited. We’re in the final stretch. :slight_smile:

-Dave

1 Like

@dave Do you by chance have a release date or even a release month for us? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hooktheory is created and managed by just a handful of people who do this part-time.

@dave respect…stoked for this to come out!