Some things play, others do not

I figure I must be doing something wrong… Most of my older files play properly. Demo files play properly. Anything new is completely silent. The next-to-last thing I came up with (weeks ago) in Hookpad is silent. Chords sound when clicked on as do the individual notes of an imported MIDI melody when clicked individually. The play button delivers no sound at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I’m sorry for your troubles.

First of all, you’re not doing anything wrong. I had a look at your songs, and for some reasons they have some bars in them which have a meter of “1”. As we usually don’t allow one beat meters, there is no information for the playback engine how to play such a meter and it crashes, hence the project stays silent.

I corrected those rogue meters in your songs and now they’re playing again. If you ever see a meter of “1” again in a song, please click on the meter marker, and select a different meter. The menu has a meter of 2 selected, so if you want a meter of 2, you’ll have to select something else first.

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 08.41.54

I’m really curious. Do your remember how you got that 1 beat meter? I didn’t think this was possible.

Regards!

Dennis