Please delete those racist songs

Can one of y’all please delete those racist songs in the TheoryTab database? The ones by Johnny Rebel. The ones with the racist slur in the title. I’m so tired of seeing those on the “new songs” tab every time I log on.

Honestly yea, I remember seeing those songs like a year ago and got deleted; they must have reuplaoded it.

Anyways does this song also should be deleted? its not racist, its a popular rap song with a questionable title: Niggas in Paris by Jay-Z and Kanye West Chords, Melody, and Music Theory Analysis - Hooktheory

That one should absolutely not be deleted. There is a HUGE difference between black people using the “soft A” n-word casually, and a white person using the “hard R” as a hateful slur.

The Kanye one can stay, as well as any other rap song that uses the casual n-word in the title. The Johnny Rebel racist songs need to be deleted though.

2 Likes

Hooktheory really needs some sort of moderation. User-submitted content is great, but can easily be abused if left unchecked.

3 Likes

Hello,

I am pleased to offer assistance in reviewing the songs in question. Our commitment to fostering a safe environment for all is paramount, and we kindly request that you forward the songs for evaluation to support@hooktheory.com. Thank you.

they uploaded another one: Who Likes a Nigger by Johnny Rebel Chords, Melody, and Music Theory Analysis - Hooktheory

I sent an email to Hooktheory Support, asking them to remove the songs and ban the user

They got deleted, but apparently the guy who is uploading them reuploaded them. He also called “Hooktheory” “Jewtheory” lmfao

Hello,

Thank you so much for your continued effort to get this fixed. I have now deleted the account in question as I have seen that they used a dummy email. Also, I have deleted all hateful comments and songs by this user.

We don’t have a way to quickly identify the users involved but with your help, we are making the forum more peaceful.

1 Like