Minor Sixth guitar chords

Is it possible to select a minor sixth chord in Hookpad? I can’t see how to do it. Specifically I am looking for the following chord as played on a guitar in standard tuning…

Gm6
Notes: G x D B♭ D E
Fret Positions: 3 x 0 3 3 0

Yes, you can use the search functionality and search for Gm6.
Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 21.02.11

Awesome, thank you!

I don’t understand the notation tho - “vi dim6 b5 (maj)” etc… Is it possible to inspect the notes in a chord? Or design a chord just with the notes we want?

Yes, the notation is very complicated. Let me try to explain:
Gm6 is a chord where we have the 5th (d) and the 6th(e). Usually this happens in the first inversion of a seventh chord. So in our case Hookpad thinks that the root note of this chord is E and creates a half diminished Eminor7 chord with G as root note.
I was writing in the key of G Minor. As E is not at home in the key of G minor Hookpad borrows the E from the G Major key so that is why we can see the (maj) at the bottom. In the key of G minor VI would be Eb so we get #vi instead. We use small letters as we need the Eminor chord. We have 5 6 as we need to use the first inversion and we get the (b5) as we need Bb and not B which would be the perfect fifth. I think the dim sign and the the (b5) are doubled in this case.
It’s very complicated and I hope I got it right :slight_smile:

There are two ways to see which notes a chord has after writing the chord down into Hookpad.

1. Hover with your mouse over the chord and you’ll see every note the chord uses highlighted in the melody section.
  2. Click on “Guides” in the upper middle section and every note for every chord is highlighted permanently.