Hooktheory is Down Again!

All of a sudden, without a warning, Hooktheory suddenly went down. The website we all know and love is replaced with simply “CDbException - CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection”. I can’t use Hooktheory now with this text. Fix it now!

Oh yeah. Fix this immedately. At least inform what´s going on.

Yup. I seem too be getting more problems than working with this. Paid for it. Disappointing.

@Ryan @DSchwachhofer you’ve got to fix this! you can’t just let this precious site die!

All websites will crash at some point and Hooktheory is no exception.

the disrespect is crazy

2 Likes

Sorry all, our database server crashed last night, just rebooted it and looks like we’re back up

2 Likes

might be time to have your cloud hosting environment get wired with west coast - east coast redundancy & data sync :slight_smile:

or even automatically post a “we’re working on it” thread to this forum when the db server is down so people don’t freak out

@Ryan @DSchwachhofer Hooktheory is down again! Fix it now!

All of a sudden, without a warning, Hooktheory suddenly went down again. The website we all know and love is replaced with simply “CDbException - CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection” again. I still can’t use Hooktheory now with this text. @Ryan @DSchwachhofer Fix it now! Again!

@ryan well we are not. Hope you can fix this as sonn as. Thank you.

Websites crash sometimes. It sucks. I’m sure they’ll figure it out before long, probably when they get back to the office.

While the main site is down, https://hookpad.hooktheory.com/ still works for me. It might stop working if I do a hard refresh and reload the service worker, so I am avoiding that for now. I can’t open any online files, but luckily the only files I keep online are ones I’m currently sharing. And I can still save to disk. If all your files are online, you might still be able to use this time to try out some new ideas, and save them locally until the site comes back up.

1 Like

I can open it and it looks fine but when I try to open projects this comes up There was an error with the server. (HTTP Status 500)

So that´s not workable for me.

@Ryan and @DSchwachhofer when can we expect it will be up and running? Please inform.

Sorry all, we’re debugging this. We think it might be related to our nightly backup of the database. Will report back when we find something concrete. Saving appears to be working on our end, are you all still having issues?

UPDATE:
As mentioned earlier, we believe the site crashes in the past couple days were related to our regular database backups. We’ve increased the size of the server drive that handles this backup and it appears to have run correctly last night. We’re optimistic that this is a permanent fix, but will monitor this for issues moving forward.

Works fine now @Ryan . Thank you :slight_smile:

You should adopt the insulting language used by Australian banks here whenever there’s an issue. “Thanks for your understanding, we appreciate that your time is valuable…blah blah”