Dunno whether or not if you guys want us to send you feedback by email, but I'm posting it here so that it's publicly available.
On my 1366x786 screen, the top and bottom bars are too large keep me from seeing the bottom line of any 2-line tab. Windows 10, Google Chrome.
It seems changing my password on the original Hookpad website allowed me to sign in. Not sure why I had to do this, though.
I managed to sign in with my regular account and password. That seems like an odd issue.
Some general feedback issues:
- It seems that there's no way to control the length of an individual row, and that they are all forced to be the same length. This was a useful feature for organization in Hookpad 1 so I would definitely like to see this return.
- The lack of relative key changes means that certain chords are now inaccessible. For example, bII(b7) is impossible to place in a minor mode when you could previously get the chord by switching to the relative major and borrowing from its parallel minor. (For example, borrowing from C minor while in A minor.) I would highly urge to consider re-implementing relative transposition.
I am sending bug reports by e-mail so I will put my suggestions / observations here:
- Relative mode changes are gone so even simple progressions like C: Dm7 - D♭7 - C become impossible in any key in Hookpad 2 (you cannot modulate only part of a measure). And because dim7 applied chords are unavailable, progressions like c: F♯o7 - G - Cm are also impossible.
- Text entry mode does not seem fully optimized for the new "no-line" layout with regard to line breaks.
11th chords now gain a 3rd, and the old slash chord notation is no longer present. Imported tabs should do the conversion automatically. They are (no3) again in a recent update.
- The editor should allow both ♯5/♭5 or both ♯9/♭9 in the same chord in much the same way sus2sus4 is implemented.
- On mobile the control panel should be allowed to scroll horizontally like on desktop.
- There are many places where keyboard keys on the editor do not grab the focus of the editor properly. For example, changing a chord's borrowed key then pressing Right would also change the borrowed key of the next chord.
- "N/A" on the borrowed key dropdown menu does nothing instead of removing the borrowed key.
- Clicking the currently selected chord moves the cursor to the melody track. This is really counter-intuitive. It is very difficult to click on the chord track in general.
- If I copy only notes / chords I should be pasting only notes / chords respectively, but the editor now inserts rests on the other track.
- MP3 export does not actually seem to do anything.
- The "Chiptune" drum samples sound nothing like what chiptune music actually uses.
- The new voicing algorithm produces some really low notes for certain chords (the 13(no3) ones for example).
- Every YouTube-enabled Theorytab I had in my account now syncs poorly, although it might be due to the beta being a debug build.
Could i please Get beta Access
On this note, how does one get beta access to hookpad 2? Do you need to have hookpad+?