Dunno whether or not if you guys want us to send you feedback by email, but I'm posting it here so that it's publicly available.
On my 1366x786 screen, the top and bottom bars are too large keep me from seeing the bottom line of any 2-line tab. Windows 10, Google Chrome.
It seems changing my password on the original Hookpad website allowed me to sign in. Not sure why I had to do this, though.
I managed to sign in with my regular account and password. That seems like an odd issue.
Some general feedback issues:
- It seems that there's no way to control the length of an individual row, and that they are all forced to be the same length. This was a useful feature for organization in Hookpad 1 so I would definitely like to see this return.
- The lack of relative key changes means that certain chords are now inaccessible. For example, bII(b7) is impossible to place in a minor mode when you could previously get the chord by switching to the relative major and borrowing from its parallel minor. (For example, borrowing from C minor while in A minor.) I would highly urge to consider re-implementing relative transposition.
I am sending bug reports by e-mail so I will put my suggestions / observations here:
- Relative mode changes are gone so even simple progressions like C: Dm7 - D♭7 - C become impossible in any key in Hookpad 2 (you cannot modulate only part of a measure). And because dim7 applied chords are unavailable, progressions like c: F♯o7 - G - Cm are also impossible.
- Text entry mode does not seem fully optimized for the new "no-line" layout with regard to line breaks.
11th chords now gain a 3rd, and the old slash chord notation is no longer present. Imported tabs should do the conversion automatically. They are (no3) again in a recent update.
- The editor should allow both ♯5/♭5 or both ♯9/♭9 in the same chord in much the same way sus2sus4 is implemented.
- On mobile the control panel should be allowed to scroll horizontally like on desktop.
- There are many places where keyboard keys on the editor do not grab the focus of the editor properly. For example, changing a chord's borrowed key then pressing Right would also change the borrowed key of the next chord.
- "N/A" on the borrowed key dropdown menu does nothing instead of removing the borrowed key.
- Clicking the currently selected chord moves the cursor to the melody track. This is really counter-intuitive. It is very difficult to click on the chord track in general.
- If I copy only notes / chords I should be pasting only notes / chords respectively, but the editor now inserts rests on the other track.
- MP3 export does not actually seem to do anything.
- The "Chiptune" drum samples sound nothing like what chiptune music actually uses.
- The new voicing algorithm produces some really low notes for certain chords (the 13(no3) ones for example).
- Every YouTube-enabled Theorytab I had in my account now syncs poorly, although it might be due to the beta being a debug build.
Could i please Get beta Access
On this note, how does one get beta access to hookpad 2? Do you need to have hookpad+?
Thank you. I've been asking and hoping for access for a while. You just made my day
Latest Chrome, Windows 10 x64:
Are "Magic" and "Magic Bass" currently not wired up in v2?
I can use Magic chord in Hookpad but I'm not getting any response in 2.
Edit: Solving my own problem, whitelisting the site via Adblock helps
Also noticing that "del" doesn't work to delete, whereas backspace does.
Also, Magic doesn't appear to render any chords to select from-
Magic chord is plugged in, but in that particular case, the chord you used (borrowed i65) is rare enough that the magic chord engine doesn't have enough reliable data on it (we require a certain threshold of uses in the theorytab database before magic chord treats a progression as a datapoint)
The Hookpad2 says I need to have Hookpad+ in order to use midi export, etc features. I do have Hookpad+, but are the accounts somehow not linked? I can see the same songs in Hoopad+ and Hookpad 2, though.
You need to log into your Hookpad+ account in Hookpad 2.
and use your typical username and password to log in.
Thanks. I had to log out and back in. Then it worked.
I logged in to Hookpad 2 for the first time this morning. Congratulations to the development team, I'm excited about the new version. However, I do have a handful of questions/complaints:
1) Are there still no plans for triplets or 32nd notes? I thought I saw a thread where Dave had said triplets would be implemented.
2) I've only tried it once so far, but exporting to mp3 gave me a file that played at the wrong pitch and tempo (I'm using Chrome and Windows 7 by the way).
3) Saving to disk, exporting to midi or mp3, all these things automatically output a file to my downloads folder, with no option to select a different folder (and filename). Is there no way to change this? It's annoying to have to go find the file, rename it, and then move it to where I wanted it in the first place.
4) In the previous version of Hookpad, when you moused over a fader in the mixer section it would tell you what it was set at (e.g. 8). I for one found this useful, particularly since there were bugs in the old version that would sometimes reset certain fader levels for no good reason. If I knew the number it was supposed to be set at then I could fix this without having to do the work of carefully adjusting the levels by ear again. It would be nice if there was a way to see the numerical level of the faders in Hookpad 2.
Hey, love the new site redesign! Quick question: any chance we can use the features from Hookpad 2 when editing tabs already on the site? I would like to make a couple changes to some tabs I already have on site using augmented chords and such, but I don't seem to be able to use those features yet. Thanks!
Fiddling with the new version trying to figure out how to use the meter function.
My personal gripe with the new version is how it's too easy to accidentally enable the loop feature by clicking a few pixels too far down from the measure selector.
Pressing space to play doesn't work sometimes, instead enabling whatever menu element you last clicked, such as the Loop button or the File/Edit/etc dropdown menus.
Is there no way to attach YouTube videos in the new version? And when will TheoryTab be updated to 2?
EDIT: I'm trying to transfer a set of chords from one 8-measure line to another using cut-paste, but paste does not seem to work. Copy-paste does not work either.
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶(̶b̶o̶r̶)̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶r̶d̶s̶ and no YT sync
We are currently working on setting up the new version of Hookpad to contribute to TheoryTabs. This is our highest priority at the moment.
@SwagGod, borrowed chords are available by clicking on the "borrowed" dropdown menu.
@bigyihsuan, thanks for the feedback, we will continue to iterate with the UI to make it easier to use. We are not able to reproduce the copy-paste bug, is this always broken for you or only in some circumstances?
@adam_risch, thanks for the feedback.
1) We are eventually planning on new durations, but are still working through the details. You can expect this in a future release.
2) This is a known issue, and we are currently working on a solution
3) At the time we investigated this, we found it was difficult to do in a way that is universally supported by all browsers and that doesn't have a prohibitively small file size limit. If an option arises that checks these boxes then we would be happy to implement it.
4) Thanks for this suggestion. I completely agree and we plan on doing this.
next page →