Guitarpro/tuxguitar export problem! :(

Hi all :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m having some issues when exporting to tuxguitar/guitarpro or my DAW via midi. When I import them in I either:

1. don’t get any sound
  2. chords are broken up (possibly into different tracks but I can’t make sense of it)
  3. the drums don’t seem to have all the necessary beats included

Am I doing something wrong? For example, I think that tuxguitar at least might just use different notation for the drum tracks e.g. numbers 38/40/45 instead of 1, 2 or 3. Would be good to not have to go through ad change them all.

Is there a better way to export?

Would super appreciate any help. Thank you!

@morrisonmitchellm

Sorry for the late response

1. don’t get any sound
    Hard to know what’s going on here without looking at your project. Are the midi notes coming in correctly but just not playing, or are they missing completely?

2. chords are broken up (possibly into different tracks but I can’t make sense of it)
    Tracks are exported 1-to-1 with your Hookpad band (1 track per hookpad instrument), and are voiced the same as the Hookpad playback engine. If you want complete chords in a single track, chose a Hookpad instrument patch that plays full chords like “Piano Full Chords”

3. the drums don’t seem to have all the necessary beats included

We export drum midi numbers according to the general midi standard for drum mappings.

If your DAW is using a different mapping, these drums may not come in how you expect them. I know this is annoying but we want to stick to this standard as most DAWs follow it.