[FIXED] Weird timing issue

When you do a tempo change, some of the notes start getting doubled up.

Here, I go from 120 down to 108 (randomly chosen) and back to 120 after two measures. The last notes get a couple extra hits. This also gets reflected in the drum beats as well.

HookPad 2.26.1 on Win10/64 bit Chrome (current)

maybe something with your other voices notes, when i do it using a single voice and 1/2 notes like your example, i cannot reproduce it. nor if i use all 4 voices and different length notes as acending/descending. Win11/MS Edge HP 2.26.1

Interesting. I tried it again and I didn’t get the issue. BUT, once I did several scale changes, it showed up again. That is what I was doing before but I didn’t think of that when I was hearing the extra beats.

Thank you for reporting this. Could you provide us with a screenshot of a project where it happens?
What instruments did you use?

Instruments don’t matter. It happens with the default or any other. Specifically happens after changing modes several times.

I saved it locally as json and when I loaded it up, it was still there. json is after the screenshot.
Everything was default settings and I just did the scale and changed the mode a couple times and it started.
Seems to be repeatable.

{“version”:“2.24.3”,“chords”:[],“notes”:[{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:0,“beat”:1,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:0,“beat”:2,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“3”,“octave”:0,“beat”:3,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:0,“beat”:4,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:5,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:0,“beat”:6,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“7”,“octave”:0,“beat”:7,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:1,“beat”:8,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“7”,“octave”:0,“beat”:9,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:0,“beat”:10,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:0,“beat”:11,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:0,“beat”:12,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“3”,“octave”:0,“beat”:13,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“2”,“octave”:0,“beat”:14,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:0,“beat”:15,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“5”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:16,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“4”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:17,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“6”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:18,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“7”,“octave”:-1,“beat”:19,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null},{“sd”:“1”,“octave”:0,“beat”:20,“duration”:1,“isRest”:false,“recordingEndBeat”:null}],“keys”:[{“beat”:1,“scale”:“dorian”,“tonic”:“C”}],“tempos”:[{“beat”:1,“bpm”:120,“swingFactor”:0,“swingBeat”:0.5},{“beat”:5,“bpm”:110,“swingFactor”:0,“swingBeat”:0.5},{“beat”:13,“bpm”:120,“swingFactor”:0,“swingBeat”:0.5}],“meters”:[{“beat”:1,“numBeats”:4,“beatUnit”:1}],“breaks”:[],“bands”:[{“beat”:1,“lead1”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Lead”,“midiChannel”:1,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“lead2”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Lead”,“midiChannel”:2,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“lead3”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Lead”,“midiChannel”:3,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“lead4”:[{“mute”:false,“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Lead”,“midiChannel”:4,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“harmony”:[{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano 1/4s”,“midiChannel”:5,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:true}],“bass”:[{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Piano Bass-Dotted”,“midiChannel”:9,“useHookpadOutput”:true,“useMIDIOutput”:false}],“drums”:[{“octaveOffset”:0,“velocity”:0.5,“specification”:“Basic Pop 22”,“midiChannel”:10,“useHookpadOutput”:false,“useMIDIOutput”:false}]}],“lyrics”:{“isOpen”:false,“isFocused”:false,“values”:[“”,“”,“”,“”]},“sections”:[],“cursor”:{“beat”:5,“location”:“cursor-note-staff”},“settings”:{“widthBeat”:36,“zoom”:1,“youtubeVolume”:70,“globalDetune”:0,“metronome”:false,“relativeNotation”:true,“staffMode”:“note-staff-mode-collapsed”,“wrapMode”:“wrap-mode-fixed-mreasures-per-line”,“wrapModeMeasuresPerLine”:8,“colorMode”:“diatonic-centric”,“showMeasureStaff”:true,“showLoopStaff”:true,“showNoteStaff”:true,“showChordStaff”:true,“inactiveMelodyDisplay”:“inactive-melody-colored-by-index”,“showOnlyStableInStaff”:false,“midiOutputLatency”:0,“compressorValue”:0.5,“compressorIsActive”:false,“enableExternalMP3”:true,“externalMP3URL”:“”,“externalMP3StartBeat”:1,“externalMP3Duration”:0,“isExternalMP3Loaded”:false,“leadTrackNames”:[“Lead 1”,“Lead 2”,“Lead 3”,“Lead 4”],“playbackTransposition”:0},“loopGui”:{“looping”:true,“beat”:1,“duration”:20},“youtube”:{“id”:null,“syncStart”:0.05,“syncEnd”:0.15,“syncMode”:“youtube-sync-mode-set-start-and-end”},“keyFrames”:[{“beat”:1},{“beat”:33}],“activeMelodyIndex”:0,“endBeat”:65,“inactiveNotes”:[[],[],[],[]],“visibleMelodies”:[0,1,2,3],“soloAndMutedMelodies”:{“harmonyVolume”:0.7,“externalFileVolume”:0.6,“drumsVolume”:0.7,“metronomeVolume”:0.3,“lead1Volume”:0.7,“lead2Volume”:0.7,“lead3Volume”:0.7,“lead4Volume”:0.7,“mute”:{“master”:false,“harmony”:false,“external”:false,“drums”:false,“metronome”:true,“lead1”:false,“lead2”:false,“lead3”:false,“lead4”:false,“bass”:false},“bassVolume”:0.7,“volume”:1,“solo”:{“harmony”:false,“external”:false,“drums”:false,“metronome”:false,“lead1”:false,“lead2”:false,“lead3”:false,“lead4”:false,“bass”:false},“wasMutedBeforeSoloed”:{“harmony”:false,“external”:false,“drums”:false,“metronome”:false,“lead1”:false,“lead2”:false,“lead3”:false,“lead4”:false,“bass”:false}},“FXBypass”:{},“customFXParams”:{},“customSynthParams”:{},“pickup”:false,“fp”:“94d2c8cbcee34587be13a1bb8053bb8ac531d353”}

Additionally, all instruments are affected. ie: the extra beats show up in the drums if enabled as well. It is not just limited to the lead instrument.

Thank you very much for your help. I think the problem is the loop. If you disable it, everything is fine. It seems our loop functionality has some problems with tempo changes.

Don’t worry. As soon as you get it perfect, they will change the browser API on you to a totally different system. :wink:

1 Like

Haha, yes this might happen. But I think this one might be on us. :slight_smile:

This should be fixed with the latest release.