Display Windowing

Previously, Hookpad on my iMac always rendered the cursor playing inside the display window. Now, I find future bars instead inside the window with the cursor not visible. This lost functionality makes editing truly frustrating and falls into the general category of three steps forward and two steps backwards, so typical of modern software development :slight_smile:

Hey Marr, we’re sorry for your trouble.

I’m not sure I understand correctly what’s happening.

• Does the visible part of the notated music jump to the end of the song?
  • Does this happen during playback or also when editing notes?
  • Can you scroll back up to reach your cursor?

Regards!

Dennis

I’ll send you a video. Thanks for the prompt reply. Cheers!

Ok, thanks you very much!

Hi Dennis, I think I stumbled on the root cause: previously I could play my compositions, or edited portions, by pressing the space bar. Presently, this functionality seems limited to the PLAY arrow, but using the latter solves the problem of disappearing cursor and lack of scrolling. Unfortunately, the convenience of the space bar to initiate play has apparently been lost.

Complements of the Season!

Cheers,
Andy

Hey Andy,

thank you for the clarification! I could not replicate that behaviour yet. Let me ask you a fe question which might help me find a way to do so.

• What browser are you using on your Mac?
  • Is this happening for all you songs, or just for a specific one
  • Do you have lyrics in that song?

Regards!

Dennis

I’m using Safari 15.6.1

Sorry, but I didn’t think to check my other songs. They seem all right,The cursor remains visible, but the paging is not as good. No lyrics!

Cheers,
Andy

Ok, thank you! I had a look through your latest songs using safari and I saw some problems with very slow rendering but in general it seemed to work pretty fine.

I’m glad all other songs are ok. In general we recommend using Hookpad on Chrome as you will get the best user experience there.

Regards!

Dennis

Thanks for helping me Dennis. You had mentioned Chrome before, I just assumed the team resolved transportation between systems when you changed the internet operating system. I’m afraid I don’t like the Google monopoly, but if needs must, then I’ll have to comply :slight_smile: Compliments of the Season to you and yours!

Cheers,
Andy
Cambridge, England

Yes, I understand you concerns about the Google monopoly. I myself would also like to use Safari, rather than Chrome as it integrates better with the Mac Eco system. But in reality nearly all developers are developing inside Chrome and after that check if other browsers work as well. So you’ll find that webapps are always working a bit better in Chrome. Especially for small companies it’s often a difficult decision between supporting more browsers or releasing another great feature.

Regards!

Dennis