Disable Firefox shortkey

Hello,
I would like to use the Hookpad shortkeys (the numbers) to write my melodies, but number 4 is attached to a firefox shortkey (quick find) and it prevents me from using the shortkeys efficiently.
Do you know how to disable the firefox short key?
I already looked by myself and I can’t seem to find a solution…
Thank you for your help!

Hey Cacange, I’m not entirely sure as I’m not actively using Firefox myself.
The only thing I could find was the search shortcuts when going to Settings and typing “short” into the search field.

Is this where “4” is setup to “quick find” on your machine?

Regards, Dennis

Hello Dennis,
Thank you for looking that up with me.
No the shortcut is a setting of Firefox itself : Keyboard shortcuts - Perform common Firefox tasks quickly | Firefox Help
The setting “Quick Find within link-text only” is set on ’ that is also 4.
And I don’t find how to disable this setting…

That’s interesting. The link you gave me had the shortcut “`” for “Quick Find within link-text only”

And this is also the behaviour of my firefox. What operating system are you on and what version of firefox do you have?

Yes indeed the shortcut is ’ for “Quick Find within link-text only” and the sign ’ is positioned on the 4 on my AZERTY board : AZERTY board mac – Qwant Search

I have Ventura 13.5.1 on my mac.
I have version 117 of Firefox.

Thank you for helping!

Ah, I see. You have ´ on the same key as 4 so the original ’ short cut seems to have moved onto the 4 key. Did you try SHIFT + 4? Does that change anything?
It seems that Firefox shortcuts can’t be changed, but perhaps an extension like this could help.

Another possibility would be to install Chrome and use Hookpad on Chrome. We are mostly developing Hookpad with Chrome so Chrome might give you the best user experience.

Hello Dennis,

Thank you very much for taking the time to help find a solution.
I tried the addon but it allows me to create new shortcut but not to disable the ones that are already there.
I think I will do what you suggest, I will use another browser!

Have a good day!
Camille

Hey Camille,

I hope another browser works out for you. We’ve never worked with an “AZERTY” keyboard before. Please let us know if there are any other issues.

Regards!

Dennis