Can you change the bpm that HookTheory thinks a youtube video is in?

This is going to be kind of weird to explain, and I don’t know if this is a glitch that everyone on this website knows about (I’ve only been using HookTheory for a little under a year) but I’ve experienced this glitch multiple times where the playhead for the chord and melody builder will move slower when playing the youtube video with the “test with sync” button on, but when you play the chords and melody without the youtube video, it moves at the intended speed. I don’t know if I’ve explained this very well (I probably didn’t) but if anybody knows whats going on; heck, if anyone has experienced something similar, please let me know because I, at the very least, need to know that i’m not alone.

If the playhead is not moving at the correct speed during youtube playback, there’s either a discrepancy between the number of measures in your Hookpad project and the number of measures in the selected section of music, or the sync points aren’t placed correctly.

The pace of the playhead during youtube playback is not affected by the BPM you set your Hookpad project to, so you need to make sure to sync correctly.

This is assuming that the piece of music you’re transcribing is at a somewhat even tempo (no rubato) and doesn’t contain any tempo changes.

Tempo changes currently aren’t supported for youtube playback as there are only two sync points available. So in that case you’ll just have to live with it being out of sync.