Aria is over-generating and discarding results

Whenever I generate six or eight suggestions in rapid succession and then stop and wait, two more of course soon appear after the cursor, but then the very last one continues to cycle every couple seconds as new results continue to roll in. This stops after a while, but it can throw away a good number of results.

I’ve found that as long as I never move the cursor to either of the last two positions in the list (i.e., neither the last pattern nor the “Creating” spinner below it), it won’t over-generate. This isn’t possible when first activating Aria though since the last list item is already selected by default until enough results come in, so even just starting Aria creates an extra result that get discarded, even if I try immediately scrolling up to the original melody at the top of the list.

It’s also a shame we can never access the last two without triggering more generations, but the above bug probably wastes far more. When we only get 200, I’m not trying to waste any, and I’m sure you don’t want to run up your compute bill either!

Not sure if it matters, but I’ve only been using “Create Melody” over existing chords, so I don’t know if the other two options exhibit the same behavior.