Settings persistence across save/load

Hey @HertzDevil, thank you for this suggestion. It has been on our todo list a while and we were actually talking about it today.

There are two scenarios:

1. the settings that you get when you open a clean new Hookpad, i.e., (go to hookpad.hooktheory.com)
  2. the settings you get when you’re in Hookpad doing stuff, then load in an existing project with File -> Open

For (1), I could see wanting some of the options you list as visual to persist across sessions as well. For example, if I like seeing absolute chord labels, I can imagine wanting this as my default every time I open Hookpad. Similarly, I may like a particular color scheme and want that as the default every time.

I agree that the non-visual ones should persist across save/load once you’re working in Hookpad. Right now they don’t do this, which is dumb. All settings are currently tied to project, so loading a project overwrites to the state of setting when that project was saved.

I think the nice solution is the ability to have clean Hookpad open with your favorite default settings for visual and non-visual and also make it so visual (only) settings are saved with the project and loaded with the project.