MIDI keyboard not working! jazz plugin issue

One of the main reasons I paid for plus is to be able to play/record midi using a midi keyboard. I installed the jazz plugin, but when I go to a new hookpad i just get this message:

" Jazz plug-in installed but cannot be created. Please give permission to your browser to trust this plug-in and reload the page"

I use chrome, but I tried this on firefox as well to no avail. Yes, i restarted my browser, yes i restarted my computer, still no luck. i run Mavericks OSX, can somebody please please help me get this to work? I have no idea how to “give permissions” like it says.

@Psycaudio,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry we don’t have browser-specific documentation on Plugin support. We will make sure to add that soon. Here are step-by-step instructions for enabling Jazz Plugin (or any plugin) in Chrome.

1. In chrome, click the “hamburger” menu on the far right and click “Settings”
  2. Click the **“Show advanced settings…” ** link at the bottom of the “Settings” page to expand more options.
  3. In the “Privacy” section, click the **“Content settings” ** button. A popup window will appear.
  4. In the “Plug-Ins” section of the popup window, click the **“Disable individual plug-ins…” ** link at the bottom of the section.
  5. Find Jazz plugin on the list and select the “Always allowed” checkbox.
  6. Pat yourself on the back! Then head back to Hookpad and you’ll be all set.

Sorry this process is so ridiculous. Thanks again for letting us know you were having trouble. If you need anything else, we’re here to help.

Unfortunately it still gives me the same message: “Jazz plug-in installed but cannot be created. Please give permission to your browser to trust this plug-in and reload the page”

I check the “always allowed” box, to no avail. not sure what the issue is :confused:

@Psycaudio, were you ever able to get this working? I’m also on OSX 10.9 and the instructions I provided work well. Below, I’ll include instructions for Firefox as well since you mentioned also having Firefox.

1. Click the “hamburger” menu at the far right and click “Add ons”
  2. On the “Add ons page” select “Plugins” from the list on the left side of the page
  3. Find "Jazz-Plugin and make sure it is set to “Always Activate”

Let us know if this helps.

I got it to work in firefox! it doesn’t work in chrome sadly, but working in one browser is waaay better than none at all! thank!