Customizing chord progressions

I did find a workaround. I still maintain that the entire concept of having software to suggest what “sounds good” with a certain chord progression or melody is a subtle form of censorship (for lack of a better term.) The most valuable way to learn anything is to make as many mistakes as possible, to experiment and fail a LOT. That’s why a lot of “new” music leans heavily on dissonance, loudness, and sometimes downright noise (i.e. punk.) In every case where a “new” style has come to pass, it began by exploring chords and melodies that were downright painful to listen to sometimes. Invariably, this goes by the wayside as ear fatigue sets in, but the new sounds are always advised by and rooted in those early experiments.

I don’t regret using my own coined term “chord gadget” to describe what I was talking about. I don’t care at all what’s in your database, I just wanted an easy way to lay out chord progressions for my already existing works, and I couldn’t (at first" find out how to do that without having to do a major workaround. I can see how your app could be helpful to someone who already knows what they want to play, as a transcription tool, but as a learning tool for beginners? Kind of scary.