Chord Crush: Please offer loop playback

Hi,

I find that it works out very well for me to do Chord Crush with my guitar in hand. After each puzzle, I replay the chords on the guitar and that reinforces for me how that progression fragment sounds on my main instrument.

It would be a help to this scenario if I could turn on a loop option to cause the progression fragment to replay in a loop until I stop it, rather than have to click again on the UI for each and every time I want to replay that fragment until it “sinks in”.

Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s awesome that you do this

I ask again. This is a simple but powerful request.

I’d be surprised if it took more than an hour or two of programming time to implement this.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, would this be for the youtube audio mode, or the instrumental one, or both?

Hi,

Most commonly I’m just using the ‘Mellow Chords’ sounds, if that’s what you mean.

Not that I’d be -against- being able to loop from YouTube also …

but I’d be sorry to see invested time and effort become undone by a change on YT’s part.

So, for reliability and stability’s sake, looping with your own sound engine would be very good I think. I know I would make good use of it!

@sj1 we implemented this feature (for both YT and instrumental modes) and will push it in the next minor release of Chord Crush, thanks for the suggestion!

Wonderfull! I look forward to it. Thanks very much!

Hi. Is there an ETA for this?

We’ll probably push it tomorrow evening, just need to do due-diligence and make sure that the build is stable as we’ve changed a bunch of things

1 Like

Alright! Great to have this new feature in Chord Crush.

Here is what I observe so far -

1. Pressing the spacebar to stop/start playback is hinky. A single press on the spacebar while playing often double-toggles right back and continues playing instead of stopping. This doesn’t happen every time, but it happens alot. (The mouse, OTOH, seems reliable so far.)

2. When I go to YouTube for playback, the ‘Instrumental’ choice does not work at all.

Above observations were in the Train mode.

In the Rush mode, sometimes blank measures play silence, so there is no sound/chord to identify.

Also, FWIW, I find myself fairly often wanting to turn the new loop feature on or off. It would be highly efficient if that were a direct operation always available for one-step toggling from the top level via mouse and/or keystroke.

In any case, thanks very much for the current implementation, and for your further consideration of this suggestion also.

Further testing reveals the spacebar problem occurs in the Firefox browser (my go-to), but not in MS Edge browser. Perhaps that fact will shed the light that enables a fix.

Thanks for this, I’m wondering if somehow Hookpad is detecting multiple key presses on the space bar. We could try solving this with a debounce to only accept one command. Will look into this and get back to you

Sounds good, looking forward, thanks!