What gives with external MIDI control and Hookpad+

My midi devices are recognized but I can’t enable them? The buttons are greyed out.- I’m using the free version on Chrome.

hi @mic2002, using midi devices as inputs requires the paid version of Hookpad

my browser is recognizing my USB MIDI but it isn’t showing up in the console. I added the Jazz MIDI extension because I saw that mentioned in the thread but it doesn’t recognize the webpage. Am I mission something?
56%20PM|690x434

@rockinrqt, which browser are you using? Right now the WebMIDIAPI (which we use to get midi into the browser) is only supported on Chrome, Edge, and Opera (https://caniuse.com/#feat=midi). The Jazz plugin was a way of extending support to other browsers but I don’t think that it is being maintained. If you aren’t on one of these browsers, could you give it a try and let me know if it works?

I’m in Chrome. Can you send a link to the extension? I’m not finding it in the search.

This isn’t an extension, it is supported natively in the browser, so you shouldn’t need to install anything.

Have you tested that the MIDI controller is working properly in a different program, such as a DAW like Logic or Garageband?

Hi @Ryan, I have the paid version of Hookpad but I can’t use MIDI. I’m using chrome, but the “Enable” option in the “Preferences” doesn’t work. Is the same problem that mic2002 have.

What can I do?

Thanks

Hi @juarodmo, I checked your account and the “enable midi” button should be accessible. Maybe you could try logging out and logging back in again? Are other Hookpad paid feature (like saving with band instruments) also disabled?