Secondary supertonics

Hi there, recently I’ve come across some theorytabs with secondary supertonics (example tab: Bm7), but I have no idea how to input them in hookpad. Any help would be appreciated.

@sylrs,

This is kind of an “easter egg” feature. The chord gui was never intended to allow these chords but when we built our chord search last year, we ended up throwing in every possible secondary combination as a possibility with the search algorithm. A couple examples below. I personally think this easter egg is a cute way to notate short-lived key changes within a project, or sometimes the transition into a key change.

Hey @chris,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately this feature is restricted to users with a subscription, I don’t think it should be as it’s a core functionality. I hope you can make it accessible for every user. Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 15.59.21

2 Likes

@chris
Yeah, sometimes a chord is too confusing to figure out how to make it, and even then, the chord’s relative name may not fit its purpose in the progression. I recommend making Search free as well. :+1:

2 Likes