Search tabs: Advanced search

I would like to search for songs with a combination of a given complexity and a given genre.

I would like to be able to search for songs with specific chords. For example, my students ukulele chords in the order of C, Am, F, C7, G, G7, D, D7, A, Dm, Em and so forth. It would be very helpful to be able to search for songs that INCLUDE specific chords as well as songs that EXCLUSIVELY use specific chords. Searching by function (I, V) doesn’t help much because I need specific chords. This feature would be very helpful.

Another search feature that would be helpful is searching by specific chord progressions within a specific key or number of chords (1 chord songs, 2 chord songs, 3 chord songs, etc).

I would also be interested in searching for songs by specific tonality (dorian, mixolydian, etc.) but it’s less important.

Me too! I I read hooktheory’s books 1 and 2, and I would like to see more examples about dorian, mixolydian, etc. And even see how composers deal with some progressions, sctructures, verses, bridges, etc on this scales. So advanced search options like @MelophobiusX said would be great!