Keeps adding 8 empty measures, even after removing them

When creating a song, I would like for it to end on the last musical measure. So, I highlight the empty measures at the end and click the “Delete measures #-#” button. However, Hookpad keeps adding those empty measures back when I edit the existing measures. How do I keep Hookpad from adding empty measures at the end of the song?

@brylie I believe it’s intentional and not a bug, it can happen if the number of bars in the last line has less than the maximum number of bars it can have, and:

you move notes or chords if there’s a note or chord that touches the very end of the last measure of that line
you change the lengths of notes or chords if there’s a note or chord that touches the very end of the last measure of that line

@chris @dave @Ryan at least give us an option to turn it off

1 Like

This also happens to me. Anytime I change 1 note in the song, it always adds empty measures at the end, and I have to waste time deleting them.

All, good suggestion. 2.15.4 has a persistent app setting that allows turning this off. Enjoy.

Even with this option enabled, if I select and drag a note it is possible to move it past the end of the project and have new measures generated.

2 Likes

Hi, this is happening to me, even though i turned off ‘automatically add measures’ in the settings.

1 Like

same - the setting is ignored. adding a note etc causes new measures. and sometimes, new measures on top of the new measures. if i’m using sections, i do a quick scan of the section sizes before exporting as i’ve found any number of times a section got extended and if i’ve already exported, it is more time wasted cleaning it up before re-exporting everything.
recommendation - if the setting for “automatically add measures” is set to OFF, then do not add additional measures automatically :slight_smile: