Hookpad playback garbles regularly

Lately I can’t seem to play a song back more than a few times (if that) before the playback slows and becomes garbled, as if with static. I am using Google Chrome version 60.0.3112.101. I’ve been using Hookpad off and on for well over a year, and never had this problem before.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. Is this still happening? We haven’t had any other reports of this so perhaps it was a temporary glitch? Was this just a Hookpad thing or also a Theorytab playback issue.

Dave

Hi Dave - Unfortunately it’s still happening. I don’t play theory tabs often, but I played several this morning, and while the first 4 or 5 played fine (perhaps because they are short snippets), eventually it started happening in the theory tabs too. In Hookpad my songs often play fine at first, and then 20 or 30 seconds in (or a minute or two - the time varies) the garbling starts. Sometimes if I let it play on the garbling will go away before the end of the song, but it always comes back if I keep playing songs. I’m now using Google Chrome version 60.0.3112.113 on a Windows 7 PC (the same PC I’ve been running Hookpad on from the start).

I don’t want to jump the gun but Chrome is now on version 61.0.3163.91, and as of today the problem appears to have gone away. I will update if it comes back.

I’m glad this seems to be working. Do let me know if it starts acting up again on you.

Thanks
Dave

Having a similar issue with garbled playback. I updated to latest version of Chrome 61.0.3163.91 to see if that fixed the issue but no luck. What I am experiencing is when you have a rest for the first bar, and only a melody in top and then looping. After 3 times around it either stops or is severely garbled.