Flash and the future

Hey just wanted to say thank you for updating hookpad! It’s by far my favorite piece of music production software. I just have one question and maybe I’m missing something, but in the old hookpad when you used magic chord it would suggest advanced chords and other interesting chords, now when I select magic chord it just gives me standard chords and doesn’t suggest anything interesting. I’ve also noticed that it doesn’t really tell you how it came to the conclusion of why it’s suggesting these chords. It used to say “chord used similarly in” and tell you the songs it’s looking at for the suggestion. This was one of the features that really made this software unique and it would be a shame if this function has been removed. But thanks again for all the hard work it definitely shows that you guys really care about crafting some cutting edge software.

@pkoblivion Glad you like it. Yes there are some missing features. You mentioned magic chord not showing examples of songs that went into the recommendation. We are also missing the animated piano/guitars and Theorytabs analysis/youtube syncing doesn’t work yet.

We decided to release this new version in its current state, since we thought it was already much better than the previous version and figured people would prefer having access to the new version in its current form (if you prefer you can still use the old version :slight_smile: ).

We’re working on all of the above, but there is a lot still to do. Expect updates to gradually come out over the next few months.

Thanks!

Dave

Hey Dave!
You guys rock, thank you for the response and I’m glad you gave everyone eairly access I’ve been using it a lot and it is much better! I just wanted to make sure my favorite part of the program was coming back :blush: Looking forward to seeing this thing at 100% functionality it will be epic!

All - thank you for contributing to this thread over the years. We are now closing it.