Add keyboard shortcut: "Home" key moves playback cursor to beginning of song

I think the title is pretty self-explanatory on this one. Obviously only applies to desktop view, but being able to press the Home key to rewind would be super convenient.

5 Likes

Yes, absolutely needed, unless there is already a hotkey for it.
I can’t find any such hotkey.

As I am testing dozens of chord progressions, it would be very handy to zip back to the start with one keypress.

I would also add another shortcut - use the END key to go to the end of the current chord progression (so you are ready to add more chords).

2 Likes

Cool idea! :+1:
It’s also useful when you accidentally leave the Hookpad playing 96 or so empty measures.
If this were implemented, maybe it will be accompanied by a button, just in case someone decides to use Hookpad on mobile and is struggling to make a precise tap on the beginning measure.

Abolutely, I think this is a great idea. All DAWs I use (Ableton, Reaper, etc.) have a button that moves the play head to the beginning, that would be great

My TheoryTab Settings → Show Rewind Control

Is this what y’all are looking for?

Huh I don’t seem to have that setting available on mine (Win 10, Chrome), but that does seem like exactly what I’m looking for

We don’t have a shortcut mapped yet, but with 2.25.10 I pushed an optional rewind button. Enable with Preferences → App Preferences → Show Rewind Control.

Also, re:

@Quentin136 is referring to the TheoryTab DB (not Hookpad) here and is correct that if you are logged into the Hooktheory website, your user menu will have a “My TheoryTab Settings” link you can use to permanently show the rewind control in the TheoryTab DB.

This is separate than the new ability I just added to show the rewind control in the Hookpad app.

I have few thoughts about Home key and Cursor:
1- HookPad has 3 cursors: Note Entry, Chord Entry, Playback and Recording.
2- Move back to beginning during Playback? Or also move Home when stop? What about during Record?
3- Global Preference for Rewind: Home, Recent beginning or latest position? Will End be useful?
4- I guess Single Letter shortcut may not be practical and not neccessary.

1 Like