Add arbitrary chords

Hello!

Request: I need to add arbitrary chords when borrowed chords and secondary chords don’t fulfill the needs.

Example:
I’m studying the chord progression of the song “The Answer Lies Within” from Dream Theater (Gm key) and there is a chord I couldn’t use on Hookpad on the following chord progression is:

Eb-Ebm-Bm (source)

I couldn’t find any way to add the “Ebm” chord. It is the VI degree of the scale and I tried:

1. Borrowed chord from Major: I got “em”
  2. vii of: I got “edim”
  3. Lots of combinations of invertions, sus, add/omit etc.

Thanks in advance for your attention!

Have you tried borrowing from other modes? I got it from changing the mode to Bb Major then borrowing from Bb Phrygian.

Thank you very much! It worked!

Screenshot_2019-11-07%20The%20Answer%20Lies%20Within

Nevertheless, I think it should be easier to choose any arbitrary chords on Hookpad.

It is very uncomfortable!!!
I am due to the fact that it was not possible to insert the desired chord. Spent a lot of extra time. Even unsubscribed for a month! It is necessary to make the choice of anyone !!! chords in a simple way! And do not look for it in roundabout ways, having great difficulties

2 Likes

It is not very convenient to choose a chord that is not included in the key!
Due to the fact that it was not possible to insert the desired chord. Spent a lot of extra time. Even unsubscribed for a month! It is necessary to make the choice of anyone !!! chords in a simple way! And do not look for it in roundabout ways, having great difficulties